Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Differences between versions
[Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 13, 2008 09:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi everyone,

I am considering buying DVD Suite 7, but had a question about the version of Power Director that comes with it. On the version comparison page, DVD Suite 7 Ultra lists the Power Director version as 7 HE, and DVD Suite 7 Centra lists the Power Director version as 7 DE. What does HE and DE stand for, and how do these versions compare with Power Director 7 Ultra and Deluxe?

Are the versions of Power Director in DVD Suite complete versions (like their stand alone counterparts) or are they somehow stripped down or less comprehensive for inclusion in DVD Suite?

thanks,
Melissa
Peter [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 07, 2008 18:00 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi

This is the answer I got from CyberLink.

Dear Peter,

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Online Customer Support.

In regard to your issue, we wish to inform you that PowerDVD Ultra and PowerDirector Ultra shipped with CyberLink DVD Suite 7 Ultra are not full version of software. The PowerDVD Ultra and PowerDirector Ultra are limited versions which only provide limited access to features as compared to full version of PowerDVD and PowerDirector Ultra software.

As a result I purchased Power Director on it's own.
[Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 13, 2008 09:22 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks, Peter!

That's exactly what I was worried about. In that case, I think I will also just opt for Power Director. (That's what I wanted initially, but then the DVD Suite caught my eye).

thanks again,
Melissa
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
No Name - Melissa,

Edit your profile and display a name please.

Dafydd
[Moderator]