Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Restore original sound from clip (after edited or removed)
kitarolivier [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2013 03:50 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi !

In short : How do I restore the sound of a movie clip after I applied effects in waveeditor or after I removed it from timeline ?

In long : I have a movie clip (I trimmed both start and end) that I placed in the project. I removed the sound from the clip or I edited win waveeditor, so sound of the clip has been replaced with a wavefile in the timeline. How to I restore the original sound from the clip ? Without having to manually re-trim the original clip and replace it in the timeline.

Thank you.
[Post New]
Clicking Undo button back to the point before opening WavEditor.
This works if you have not saved Project after using WavEditor. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
kitarolivier [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Clicking Undo button back to the point before opening WavEditor.
This works if you have not saved Project after using WavEditor.

Thank you for this fast answer.

Unfortunately, the project has been saved, and there are many clips in the project that require to restore original sound.

I think there should be a feature like 'restore original sound' when right clicking the video : this will replace the sound in the audio track with the one from the movie clip.

Regards,

Olivier.
[Post New]
What I would do in your case.

Remove transition at the beginning of the clip if any.

Drag the original clip on the clip in the timeline.

Choose Replace, the original clip snaps into place.

Option 2:

Remove the clip on the timeline and leave gap.

Drag the original clip to the gap. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
kitarolivier [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi PlaySound,

Thank you for your answer. I'm sorry to react so late, but I didn't noticed your new answer. I usually answer and thank people who take time to help and solve other's problems.

In my case, the problem is that the clip has been trimmed left, and I need to write down the start time, delete the clip, re-insert it, and re trim the start position. That is a lot of work when many clips are impacted

It would be so easy with a right click -> Restore original sound

Regards,

Olivier.
[Post New]
After edited audio in WaveEditor a file has been created, it has no way to restore the original audio.

Drag the original audio up the edited audio in the timeline, select the Replace option, the original audio fits neatly in place the edited audio. (with cuts)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Aug 28. 2015 13:21

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3