Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Importing several projects in Create disk: a few questions
CV27 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 13, 2011 13:51 Messages: 77 Offline
[Post New]
So I happily found out that I could import several projects in 'Create disk' mode to cram a few years of vacation video projects on 1 BD. Every new discovery brings new questions... I have 3 projects imported in a combo project:

1- When I hit Edit within that combo project, there's only one project on the time line; is there a way to access the other 2 within that combo project?

2- Will Editing participating project(s) within that combo project be saved in the original participating project?

3- Is there any way to 'update' the combo project when one of the participating projects has been modified outside of the combo project, short of deleting the participating project from the combo project and re-importing it? Deleting/re-importing also deletes the previous customized menu labeling I7-4770, 3.40Ghz, 16GB RAM, Asus Z87-Plus Z87chipset, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD7850 PCI Express-16 3.0 2GB, Samsung EVO 840 SSD 1TB
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Only the highlighted project will open in Edit. You appear to have three separate project files - right? Why not drag each project file into the Edit workspace? Place the track slider where you want to place each project.

Only the edited project is altered. I believe the Menu will display the already placed other project files.

If you retain the same project file name surely the same project will appear in the menu. If you alter the project AND alter the project name it wont.

Trying to answer
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 29. 2015 04:58

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
The best way to find out how all this works is to play with all the options in PD13 and see for yourself how things work over time. Adding here to Dafydd's reply.

Question 1: Go back to the Create Disc/Content tab and you should see 3 titles in your case. Highlight the 2nd title and hit the edit(pencil) icon to open the second title in the edit mode. Do the same for the 3rd title if that is the one you want to edit.

Question 2: No

Question 3: No

I can see where your questions are headed. If you want the original and the one in the combo (2nd or 3rd title) that has been re-edited to be the same then edit original one instead. Remove the title(s) from the combo and add the original project later after you finish re-editing it. When you create the combo, you esentially created a new and different .pds file. Make sense. Try this:

Edit the second title in the combo, say add a title near the beginning. Save the combo project. Open the 2nd original project. You will see no title that you added in the second title of your combo project. That new title only exist in the second title of your combo project.

Let us know if this answers your 3 questions...
CV27 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd & Tomasc,

Q1 - Got it, but I now realize I'm better off be editing the original input project instead

Q2 & Q3 - I figured by experimenting that, as Tomasc said, it is a new and different project, so must delete/re-import

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 29. 2015 15:45

I7-4770, 3.40Ghz, 16GB RAM, Asus Z87-Plus Z87chipset, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD7850 PCI Express-16 3.0 2GB, Samsung EVO 840 SSD 1TB
CV27 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: ... You appear to have three separate project files - right? Why not drag each project file into the Edit workspace? Place the track slider where you want to place each project. ..

I gave it a try, but it didn't achieve what I wanted.

First, I tried File/Insert project. I was able to stich all 3 projects on the timeline, but it appears that inserting projects this way clears all chapters, so in Create I ended up with 1 title containing 1 scene.

Then I tried dragging projects onto the timeline. Worked fine for the first one, but any subsequent drag, even when positioning the slider at the end of the first dragged project, even after positioning on track #2, clears the timeline so I'm left with the last dragged project only.

So I conclude that the approach that meets my objectives is to import projects in Create disc. I7-4770, 3.40Ghz, 16GB RAM, Asus Z87-Plus Z87chipset, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD7850 PCI Express-16 3.0 2GB, Samsung EVO 840 SSD 1TB
CV27 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Importing several projects in Create mode is really great for filling up a BD with various projects: this approach preserves each project as a separate Title so that, if using menus, each chapter of each title can be selected.

Question

I'm using the Monopoly menu template. It seems that the highest level menus (level 1 and 2) grab the first frame of the first imported project as a thumbnail. A clumsy work around is to import a short video (I chose a geo map) and make it the first title, but that implies that that first title is selectable.

Is there an easier way to do this, that is forcing the template in using another image?

By the way, since you can't import an image in Create, I first produced a video with only an image on the timeline, then imported that video as the firs title. I initially tried a 1 frame video, but CL didn't appreciate that, so I stretched it to a few seconds. I7-4770, 3.40Ghz, 16GB RAM, Asus Z87-Plus Z87chipset, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD7850 PCI Express-16 3.0 2GB, Samsung EVO 840 SSD 1TB
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Sure, there is. It will work on your title 1 video. See this link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8383.page . You can choose any part of your title 1 video from begging to end to display in the root thumbnail.

Let us know if this help...
CV27 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Sure, there is. It will work on your title 1 video. See this link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/8383.page . You can choose any part of your title 1 video from begging to end to display in the root thumbnail.

Let us know if this help...

First off, thanks for helping out; I've tried searching the forum, unsuccessfully. I guess it's all in the determination of search key words, at which I'm not at my best.

I think I know what the poster is referring to: an existing title out of which you extract the image you want for the root menu. The post dates back to 2009 and I think PD has evolved since then so that you can select "Set the current frame as the title thumbnail" in Edit mode when in Chapters.

My objective is to use an image at the Create stage not part of any imported projects. There lies the challenge... I7-4770, 3.40Ghz, 16GB RAM, Asus Z87-Plus Z87chipset, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD7850 PCI Express-16 3.0 2GB, Samsung EVO 840 SSD 1TB
AlS
Senior Member Location: South Africa Joined: Sep 23, 2014 18:07 Messages: 290 Offline
[Post New]
I may be confused but I simply add the rendered projects in MP4 BluRay quality, then add new chapters and Produce Disk??? Power Director 13&14 Ultimate, Photo Director 6, Audio Dir, Pwr2Go 10
Win 10 64, Intel MB DH87MC, Intel i5-4670 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 16Gb DDR3 1600, 128Gb SSD, 2x1Tb WDBlue 7200rpmSATA6, Intel 4600 GPU, Gigabyte G1 GTX960 4GB, LG BluRay Writer