Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Fix/Enhance Does Not "Apply to All" Clips?
MountainSoftware [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 02, 2013 12:05 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
When I click Fix/Enhance and adjust the white balance and make color corrections, the "Apply to All" button does not change any of the other clips on the same track. I think it is changing the color temperature settings for all clips, but it has no effect on the color corrections (brightness, contrast, etc.). Also, even though it seems to change the WB color temperature settings, it does not select the same WB option (temperature or white calibration).

Is there a way to really apply all Fix/Enhance settings to all clips on the same track?

On that same topic, it would be nice if the white calibration would set the temperature sliders so I know what the settings were changed to. The temperature settings stay at 50/50 regardless of the white calibration. So, I can't make slight tweaks to the eyedropper settings. Anthony Watson
www.mountainsoftware.com
www.watsondiy.com
jcardana
Senior Contributor Location: USA-NM Joined: Aug 04, 2014 10:11 Messages: 650 Offline
[Post New]
I've never done what you're doing, but did you select all the clips you wanted to fix?

Try selecting all the clips, then go through the fix steps. I would think the "Apply to all" would then work. CyberPowerPC | Win7HP-64 | AMD FX-8320 3.5 Ghz | 8GB Mem | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB | WEI 5.9

My Video Editing Computer
| My DirectX Diagnostics

PowerDirector 15.0.2820.0 | PhotoDirector 7.0.7504.0 | AudioDirector 6.0.5902.0 | ColorDirector 4.0.4627.0 | Power2Go 9.0.2602.0

Sutter Hill SDA Church
| Anadrac_Organ_Works | My_Youtube_Channel
[Post New]
Here everyone works Color Ajustament, is applied to the entire track.

The White Calibration well.

Note: When using White Calibration (Calibrate button), disables Color temperature and Tint, controls.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 28. 2015 15:14

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
[Post New]
> Try selecting all the clips, then go through the fix steps.

I'll give that a try when my current project is finished processing.

> Here everyone works Color Ajustament, is applied to the entire track.

Hmm... For me the "Apply to All" button is only affecting the currently selected clip?

> When using White Calibration (Calibrate button), disables Color temperature and Tint, controls.

It would be nice if there was a way to "tweak" the white calibration slightly. The way it is now, I have no way of knowing what settings it is using. Anthony Watson
www.mountainsoftware.com
www.watsondiy.com
[Post New]
Hmm... For me the "Apply to All" button is only affecting the currently selected clip?

Select only 1clip video, make adjustments, click the Apply to All button.

Notes that is shown letter (i) all of the clip's band.

The adjustment is applied only to video, set to photos must make another adjustment. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
[Post New]
> Try selecting all the clips, then go through the fix steps.

As I suspected, PD13 does not allow you to Fix/Enhance if you select more than one clip.

> Notes that is shown letter (i) all of the clip's band.

Hmm... Interesting discovery.

If the clip DOES NOT have any color settings (No "i" displayed), then the "Apply to All" button will adjust the settings for that clip.

However, if a clip already has color adjustments, the "Apply to All" button does not change the existing settings.

Unfortunately, that kind of makes it useless for all but the first attempt. For example, if I change the color settings and play parts of the video to see how it works. If I change my mind later after performing other operations, the only option is to go through and change each clip individually. Slow and awkward. Anthony Watson
www.mountainsoftware.com
www.watsondiy.com
[Post New]
However, if a clip already has color adjustments, the "Apply to All" button does not change the existing settings.

I think that there is one misunderstanding here.

The Apply to All button, as the name says applies the adjustment made in the selected clip, for all the clip's video at the same track.

If you want to set for the selected clip just do not use the Apply to All button. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
[Post New]
> I think that there is one misunderstanding here.

No misunderstanding, Apply to All does not affect OTHER clips on the track that have already been color adjusted.

In other words, if I have five new clips I can adjust the first clip and click "Apply to All" to set the other clips to the same color settings. That works fine.

The problem is if I decide to change the color settings, Apply to All will have no effect on the other clips. They retain the settings from the first adjustment.

Once the clips have been adjusted, the only way to make changes is to adjust each clip individually. No biggy for a few clips, major hassle when you've got 50 or more.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 29. 2015 11:23

Anthony Watson
www.mountainsoftware.com
www.watsondiy.com
Fenman
Senior Contributor Location: Cambridge, UK Joined: Nov 24, 2011 04:44 Messages: 731 Offline
[Post New]
Can you not simply use the 'Undo' function to return all clips to the unadjusted state then apply your new settings using Apply To All? Regards,
Mike

Home-build system:
Intel Core i5 Quad Core 3.3GHz, 2 x 4GB DDR3 1333MHz,
Asus Nvidia GT440 1GB, 2 x Western Digital WD10EARS 1TB, 1 x Seagate ST1000DM010 1TB,
Windows 7 Prof 64-bit, PD 9 Ultra 64, PD 13 Ultimate 64
[Post New]
> Can you not simply use the 'Undo' function

Only if I am making color changes one after the other.

What usually happens is that I'll adjust the colors, do some editing, maybe produce a range for testing, etc. Then after seeing the final video I decide I need to tweak the color a bit more. Undo is of no help in that situation. Anthony Watson
www.mountainsoftware.com
www.watsondiy.com
[Post New]
Quote: >
The problem is if I decide to change the color settings, Apply to All will have no effect on the other clips. They retain the settings from the first adjustment.

Maybe your PC or PD has some error.

I always used Apply to All, without problems, as often as needed, even to clean it in some cases, clear the selected effects and Apply to All. Resets for all clips at once.

What we would like, I and others already asked for Cyberlink PD possibility only apply to all selected clip's.

Such a project has several clip's low light I would like to apply improvements only to the group not the track.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 29. 2015 14:49

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Anthony -

There must be something wrong there. Just like PlaySound, Apply to All is working as expected here.

What happens when you:

1. Select a clip and de-saturate it - then apply to all

2. Select any clip in the track - Fix/Enhance - return saturation to 100 - then apply to all (or hit Reset & apply to all)

Does that not apply your re-adjustment to all clips?

Here's what happens with mine...

Cheers - Tony

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 29. 2015 17:37

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
OK, I tried an experiment with a few sample clips.

If "Color Adjustment" is the only enhancement checked, "Apply to All" works as expected. I can adjust the color settings, apply to all, then go back and make changes, and apply to all again. That works.

However, if I have "Color Adjustment" AND "White Balance" checked, the "Apply to All" button fails as before. It will change all clips the first time, but any following adjustments only affect the currently selected clip.

I am using 1920x1080x30p @32mbps MPEG2 files as my source video.

Do you get different results? Anthony Watson
www.mountainsoftware.com
www.watsondiy.com
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Anthony -

What you've found is exactly what happens here.

Once white balance has been adjusted and applied to all, it interferes with future colour changes that are applied to all.

This may not be directly relevant, but... I repeated the procedure going through ColorDirector and got different results. Apply to All works even if white balance has been modified. Essentially, the steps are the same but no fix/enhance adjustments wee made in PDR, only CDR.

BUT - as soon as white balance is set in PDR & applied to all - I get the same results as you.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
Quote: What you've found is exactly what happens here. Once white balance has been adjusted and applied to all, it interferes with future colour changes that are applied to all. I repeated the procedure going through ColorDirector and got different results.

It doesn't fix the problem, but I'm happy to hear someone else can duplicate my results.

I don't have ColorDirector, so that's not an option for me.

I went through each clip and adjusted the color settings individually. Kind of a pain, but it got the job done. Anthony Watson
www.mountainsoftware.com
www.watsondiy.com