Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
AudioDirector 5 Will not even start
DavePetersNL [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 22, 2015 06:50 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

Last week, I wanted to start with AudioDirector 5, for editing audio tracks.

I installed it, without any problems, but when starting it, Nothing happens, no errors, only a short splashscreen for half a second.

I am using Windows 7 (x64)

Can anybody tell me where to look? Logfiles? configuration files?

with dxdiag64, no problems detected?

Regards Dave
DavePetersNL [Avatar]
[Post New]
When I start PD13 , drag a movie on the timeline, right click the scene and select edit the audio with AudioDirector 5, a message appears that there is already a version of AudioDirector running. But that's not the case.

anyone an idea?
[Post New]
Hello Dave,

It's possible that, if you had ADR running previously, it's still running in memory.

Go to Task Manager - Ctrl+Alt+Delete - and end the AudioDirector task IF it's running.

If that's the case, you've probably resolved it by now.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
DavePetersNL [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi,

Thanks for your responses. I solved the issue by creating another user on my machine.
With this new user, all the stuff is working.

I think it's something with the location of the default folders in Windows. I changed that in the past.

Dave
Gigal [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 03, 2015 03:19 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
After installation audiodirector 5 ultra does not start.
Tried all the suggestion find on the internet and on the Cyberlink site. Nothing at all.
But the science of stupids, as usual, helps.
My OS is Win7 64. Well, I went to the program properties and in the compatibility I simply stated to run as Windows 7. That's all. Now the program runs.
Science of stupids!
cclarry [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 11, 2011 14:48 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
I'm having this issue in Win 10 and none of the mentioned fixes work.

You get the splash screen for half a second and then nothing. When you go to task manager nothing is running. Have uninstalled and reinstalled. Nothing.

Anyone have any ideas?