Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
JVC Envirio .MOD Files Unusable/Unreliable
Michael [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 10, 2008 23:43 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
I am having very strange problems with using and converting JVC Envirio files using the software that came with it.

No matter what format I produce each clip in, it remains unusable by any other video editing software. Also, sometimes the video will have strange artifacts in it when played with other media players (like Windows Media Player)...if it will even play at all. For instance, a red "ghost" or "shadow", distortion, and grainy picture. I've spoken with JVC Customer Support, but they have said they don't know why the files won't convert or play correctly and suggested I come here.

Any ideas?
st-clares [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 27, 2006 17:54 Messages: 47 Offline
[Post New]
You do not have to convert the .mod file extension of the video files to edit the clips using PowerDirector.
If you wish to change the file extension you can download a copy of SDCopy from this link:-
http://tinyurl.com/6gqu7z
I think you are trying to play the clips without editing, they are not compatible with much software.
I have never done it but I believe they will then play in WMPlayer and VLC player. John
Michael [Avatar]
[Post New]
Tried SD Copy before I posted that....still no luck.
Mark [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 14, 2009 05:33 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
I had this problem and solved it 100% by changing the .mod to jpeg (.jpg) manually....

I went to each clip, after showing the whole file attachment, and renamed the end of each file. No other changes at all, but it immediately worked perfectly in the included software and other software editing packages.

Don't know why JVC are still naming their files .mod and hope they change soon, great camera lovely picture...but unusable files !!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 24. 2009 11:55

Michael [Avatar]
[Post New]
.jpg? That's a still-image file format....? Did you mean mpg?

Either way, I tried both out of desparation...jpg wouldn't even open and mpg still has the crappy quality and ghost-like images when played in Windows Media Player. .MOD files, regardless of what file extension I use, when played in Windows Media Player, are distorted, etc. etc....Nero Showtime, however, plays it just fine...

Anyone else have ideas?