Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
need help with stabilizing video
jnorman34 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 05, 2015 15:26 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
i mix footage from a GH4 and a gopro 4. the gopro is mounted on a zhiyun Z1 handheld 3-axis gimbal. the gimbal works well for moving shots and pans, but often has trouble with static shots, and the resulting footage is just a little bit shaky. the stabilizer effect in PD13 does not seem to help much at all, even with enhanced stabilization engaged and the effect set to maximum - ie, i cant really tell that the "stabilized" footage is any better than the original footage. i also tried deshaker in virtual dub with equally disappointing results. what other methods can i try to help shaky footage? thanks
CV27 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Feb 13, 2011 13:51 Messages: 77 Offline
[Post New]
I have to agree with you: even the enhanced stabilizer doesn't produce better video, at leats for me in Edit preview. I haven't actually verified a finished product (Produce or Create disk): testing on a 3 hour video can drive you crazy I7-4770, 3.40Ghz, 16GB RAM, Asus Z87-Plus Z87chipset, Sapphire ATI Radeon HD7850 PCI Express-16 3.0 2GB, Samsung EVO 840 SSD 1TB
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: i mix footage from a GH4 and a gopro 4. the gopro is mounted on a zhiyun Z1 handheld 3-axis gimbal. the gimbal works well for moving shots and pans, but often has trouble with static shots, and the resulting footage is just a little bit shaky. the stabilizer effect in PD13 does not seem to help much at all, even with enhanced stabilization engaged and the effect set to maximum - ie, i cant really tell that the "stabilized" footage is any better than the original footage. i also tried deshaker in virtual dub with equally disappointing results. what other methods can i try to help shaky footage? thanks

Hi jnorman34, the PD13 image stabilizer does leave a lot to be desired but here is a quick ( !! well, maybe not that quick !! ) way to stabilze your shots ( however, it may reduce pic quality ) simply upload any shakey/ woobly footage onto your YouTube channel, you can always delete after you've finsihed. Remember to use your highest video quality for this as you will loose some image quality.

Go to the YouTube Video Manager, select your video, then select Edit.

While in the Edit mode you will be offered various options above the video clip, choose Enhancements.

On the right hand side of your video clip you will be offered a few "Fixes", choose Stabilize and move the slider to find a setting that suites you.

Click "SAVE". It may take awhile for YouTube to process the footage but they'll let you know, it all depends on how much footage you are using.

If you do a search for "download youtube videos" You'll find quite a few options available. In the past, I've used http://www.clipconverter.cc/ & http://en.savefrom.net/ both appear to work quite well but you must check you are downloading the correct format/quality.

You may even find that YouTube will automatically fix it for you!

Cheers

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 22. 2015 09:08

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.