Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Youcam 7 Deluxe goes straight to error reporter window
Grendor [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 18, 2015 22:29 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hey guys and gals,

I have a problem with the new youcam 7 deluxe and I cant seem to get it to work.

I already have a support ticket but at this time still no fix.

When I try to run Youcam 7 deluxe it goes straight to Cyberlink error reporter asking me my email and what I was doing.

I can never get it to run and have treid reinstalling and disabling all my startup items using msconfig selective startup.

And still cant get it to work I own all cyberlink software including past versions of youcam.

So I even tried uninstalling both youcam 6 and 7 and then reinstalling only 7 but nothing has helped.

Youcam six was working fin as I tried it before i uninstalled both packages, but 7 simply wont run.

I am running Windows 8.1 64bit if that matters I have run as admin and even installed as admin with windows selective startup using msconfig, but it did not help. Every time I try to run cyberlink youcam 7 deluxe it simply opens the error reporting window from cyberlink, i get no errors showing. I must have send a good 30 email reports to them I could have sent them all but thought that would be a waste.

Anyone have any ideas how to get youcam 7 deluxe working on a windows 8.1 pc?

Thanks in advance
Fred

Edit: To fix spelling

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 13. 2015 10:18

JohnS123 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Athens, Greece Joined: Jun 07, 2015 04:04 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Which drivers are you using? I suspect this issue is usually associated with display drivers. CL recommends using the latest display drivers for your computer to prevent the program to crash, which is not my case.

I've installed YouCam 6 Deluxe after upgrading to AMD Catalyst 15.7; as a result the application quits unexpectedly. Had no problems with previous Catalyst drivers - Omega 14.12 included.

You probably encountered a compatibility issue as most of the premium features from YouCam 7 had been optimized for Windows 10.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 16. 2015 00:59

Grendor [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello,

I have checked my display driver and its version 14.501.1003.0 I am just downloading the latest version as I write this email.

I will add I have not heard back in my ticket for several days now, which is bad because i wanted to show you the issue. If you look at this video http://1drv.ms/1L39Muv you will see the problem, thou the UAC window is missing in the video.

So if you can take a look at the video it will make some sense.

I will respond back after I finish my amd/ATI update and see if the latest drivers work.

It would be nice thou if you or the last tech rep would do this in your ticket system but maybe the guy is on his days off.

Thanks in advance
Fred
Grendor [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey,

Well now its really screwed up.
It wont do anything now no matter how many times i click it. No error reporting window opens at all no and you cam does nothing as it never opens.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and again nothing happens.
I should not have updated drivers as now it made it worse than before.

Now what do you suggest since i get nothing now?

Thanks in advance
Fred

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 16. 2015 13:02

JohnS123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hey,

Well now its really screwed up.
It wont do anything now no matter how many times i click it. No error reporting window opens at all no and you cam does nothing as it never opens.

I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and again nothing happens.
I should not have updated drivers as now it made it worse than before.

Now what do you suggest since i get nothing now?

Thanks in advance
Fred

Catalyst 15.7 breaks YouCam and PowerDVD. It also kills the Windows Experience Index causing the rating assessment to fail.

I stupidly updated my Mobile Radeon HD6620G to this version and this move totally screwed everything on my HP Pavilion g6-1201ev. undecided

Best advice is to uninstall this buggy driver and revert back to the Omega 14.12. If possible send an error report to AMD and inform the Catalyst crew for the problem.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 17. 2015 02:28

Grendor [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello,

Thanks for the info, I guess tomorrow I'll try to revert to older version and see if it helps.

I'll post my results when I revert it will likely be tomorrow or Saturday when i change back.

Thanks for the help and info.
Fred

JohnS123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
If the problem persists inform the folks at AMD and CL for the issues.

Before performing a fresh OS clean reinstall from scratch it's strongly advisable to make a backup from your personal data.
Grendor [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey, I wont be doing a fresh OS install, I meant uninstall amd/ati drivers and reverting to older amd/ati drivers.

I cant/wont change my os, it took me over 2 months straight to put all my software on this system and i'm not about to screw with the os.

Thanks
Fred
Grendor [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hey JohnS123,

Thanks for the help with my issue, I appreciate it.

I just finished removing and reinstalling old AMD/ATI driver Omega and youcam 7 Deluxe now works 100%.

Thanks for the help.
Have a great summer.
Fred
JohnS123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hey, I wont be doing a fresh OS install, I meant uninstall amd/ati drivers and reverting to older amd/ati drivers.

I cant/wont change my os, it took me over 2 months straight to put all my software on this system and i'm not about to screw with the os.

Thanks
Fred

An HDD format and a fresh reinstall of the OS is the recommended solution if none of your problems couldn't be fixed. But since you've finally found the culprit and YouCam works like a charm, no further action is necessary.

I strongly advise you to send a ticket to AMD and report the bug. Bear in mind the folks are aware of the issue and will release a new Catalyst beta release containing a fix for affected CL products. Stay with Omega 14.12 until the next Catalyst WHQL driver comes out.

Cheers! kiss
Grendor [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hello,

Thanks again for the help.

I have already sent AMD a full bug report so they can fix the issues.

I will stick with omega till i am 100% sure the issue is fixed.

Have a great summer.
Fred
JohnS123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hello,

I have already sent AMD a full bug report so they can fix the issues.

I will stick with omega till i am 100% sure the issue is fixed.

Have a great summer.
Fred

Cheers for the comments.

In addition to the Cyberlink issue AMD Catalyst 15.7 kills the WEI rating assessment with the following error message:

"Error: could not build a topology to decode the inbuilt file."

Have you also included this WEI error pop-up in the error reporting ticket?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 18. 2015 04:29

[Post New]
Last night, put the probe, there is no "Panorama" is the way it should be, or a bug?
JohnS123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Last night, put the probe, there is no "Panorama" is the way it should be, or a bug?

Yes, Catalyst 15.7 are buggy. They killed the WEI rating assessment and caused wreak havoc on both PowerDVD and YouCam - not to mention other CL products being also affected.

Because of this I was forced to wipe out everything on the HDD and reinstall the OS from scratch.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 18. 2015 07:59

[Post New]
In general, I have everything works but no buttons panorama in version 6.
http://s017.radikal.ru/i429/1507/4f/8bb9d32ced5b.jpg
JohnS123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: In general, I have everything works but no buttons panorama in version 6.
[url=http://s017.radikal.ru/i429/1507/4f/8bb9d32ced5b.jpg
]http://s017.radikal.ru/i429/1507/4f/8bb9d32ced5b.jpg
[/url]

The panoramic feature works with display adapters supporting such function, that's why the buttons are greyed out.
JohnS123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 fixed issues with PowerDVD 14 & 15 but alas the problems with YouCam 6/7 remain unsolved.

The new release broke YouCam 6 on my HP Pavilion g6 1201ev as a result of a WEI assessment failure. Now thanks to AMD I'm gonna wipe out everything from my HDD and reinstall the OS from scratch! undecided

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 02. 2015 00:04

Andre [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 01, 2013 04:20 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Hi There,

I had YouCam 6 working perfectly.
Then "something" unknown happened and whilst on boot up the face recognition part still worked (could recognise me and login) subsequently in the boot process that damn crash pop-up came up with the send e-mail - to which I dutifully sent LOTS of responses - but Cyberlink did not respond ONCE.
I got fed up and upgraded to YouCam 7 Deluxe and it crashes ALL THE TIME - never got it to work ONCE.
This is nonsense.
Can "someone" please advise what I can do to try and resolve this major irritation?
Some help please folks.
Thanks
JohnS123 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Cyberlink released a patch for Youcam 7 which fixes a couple of bugs. It also adds support for Windows 10 and updates Youcam 7 to build 0824.

Currently there's no Windows 10 support update for Youcam 6 yet.

If the problem persists even after applying the update chances you got having driver, hardware or BIOS-related conflicts causing the application to crash unexpectedly.
sonym2878 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 14, 2015 14:29 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
as can youcam 7 see full screen in extended monitor in windows 10