Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Clip squashed when Chromekey used
EvoDevo52 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 10, 2015 20:53 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
Hi I am just learning green screen and have managed to overlay my green clip onto another video clip but as soon as i preview play it the green clip squashes vertically. In the object settigns it shows the mask scale Height as .422...how do i change it?
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
It's unclear what's happening there.

Normally, a CK would not be masked, but it could be...and the handles (white dots) can be dragged to change mask size.

Going through the steps...
In the timeline, double-click the image with the green background. Or click MODIFY on the toolbar.
Click in the "enable ChromaKey" box.
Click the eye dropper that is just below that box, then move the mouse pointer to the green area of the image, and click.
Adjust the sliders for best clip, then click SAVE.

Add your background image on the next highest video layer and it will be seen in the area where the green screen has been keyed out.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jul 11. 2015 11:59

EvoDevo52 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I went through all those steps successfully and it looks fine in the PiP designer window but as soon as I save and play that part of the video the green screen clip shrinks to half the size vertically.....
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Precisely where are you seeing this "422 mask scale height?"

Is "maintain aspect ratio" checked in the PIP designer? Scroll down the left side to reveal that setting.

What is the image aspect ratio? What is the project aspect ratio setting?
EvoDevo52 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I re-did it following exactly the steps you outlined...the second I clicked save the image squashed again....

the Maintain aspect ratio box is ticked in the Object settings (under Properties)...scale says W .316 H 1.000

When I click on Mask tab Object Settings the Mask Scale says W 1.000 and H .422....not sure what this means but it seems to reflect the size dimension of the image I have green screened. It does not allow me to change this W or H setting though.

borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I re-did it following exactly the steps you outlined...the second I clicked save the image squashed again...
I see no "object properties" here, but that's in PD11. Perhaps there has been an enhancement in PD13.

But I do see an X - the top left choice under MASKS. Chosing that would mean NO masking. Is that your choice?

Can you attach a small image of the screen that displays the object properties?

https://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/downloadAttach/18248.page

[Thumb - 1.JPG]
 Filename
1.JPG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
125 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jul 12. 2015 11:02

EvoDevo52 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have done some screen images....how do I attach/send them to you?
Can I email them ?
borgus1 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Share them with forum members, many of whom are more knowledgeable than I...

Click the ATTACH button, locate the files and click them individually, to upload.