Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD 15 BETA Patch v1804
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
hi,

there has been an PDVD 15 BETA patch available

Download link:

http://download.cyberlink.com/ftpdload/patch/powerdvd/15/PowerDVD_15.0.1804.58_Patch_DVD150604-01.exe

Release note:

• Adds the ability to change 3D source video format on the playback controls.

• Enables rotate video, zoom in/out, and change subtitle style during playback on Quad HD+ (3200 x 1800) platform.

• Resolves crash issues reported by the CyberLink Issue Reporter.

please report issues you find to this forum

greetings

Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
anonim [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 06, 2014 17:50 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
А помилку з тим что, що багатоканальний LPCM при настройці "недекодоване аудіо" вивовде як стерео. Ніяк. Скільки вже писати можна...
Zodiac Youth
Newbie Location: Norway Joined: May 30, 2015 15:54 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Awsome thx i love program UPDATES There is no final truth...
nullack [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 29, 2010 04:09 Messages: 139 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the patch

When I first ran it, something during the install process caused powerdvd to startup before it was finished. I already had a bluray disc in the drive maybe it tried to auto play it? Anyway Im not sure why, but powerdvd did startup before the patch was completed and before I selected the run powerdvd button on the patch finished screen

This resulted in all the UI of powderdvd not looking right and basically being broken

I simply re-ran the patch and this time powerdvd did not auto start and it went through the patch process fine. When I manually selected the run powerdvd button from the patch is finished screen, powerdvd displayed all fine in the UI

However my biggest gripe is that this new build does not fix the absence of video playback on HDMI 2.0 with 3840x2160 on suitable 4K displays and the Nvidia GTX Geforce 960. Your advertising 4K as being part of the feature set of powerdvd 15 and to me atleast, this has got to be the #1 critical issue to fix. Cyberlink support have been truthful and polite in confirming you folk can replicate the problem, and I'm trying to be patient while you folk deal with the technical issues. I will point out however your competitors in the free to use, free to own and free to modify/distrubute world of open source video all works out of the box at no cost with HDMI 2 4K playback. It seems self evident to me if you want to compete, youve got to have a better product than the free open source video players. I'm happy to work with Cyberlink on testing new builds, but its not going to make a good outcome if it takes months on months to get fix candidates to effected users.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
H Nullack,
thanks for your feedback, our RD team is aware of the Geforce issue you mentioned and is currently investigating it. As we still investigate we cannot say when the symptom can be fixed

br
michael

Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
nullack [Avatar]
[Post New]
Some additional test results. When I said that under 4K desktop resolutions there is no video playback, this was true for the classic mode UI in powerdvd where playback results in a black screen. What I've since discovered, and I dont know if this beta only does this or if your prior production release does it as well, is that in cinema mode 4K desktop resolution most video will playback and display correct. So thats 1920x1080 bluray discs being upscaled etcetc to 2160P.

I monitored the telemetry during playback of some bluray disk content encoded content in AVC. With no movie enhancement, the cpu used about 3% and I could see the gpus memory controller, video engine etcetc being used. Then I changed the movie enhancement setting to strongest, and with the same bluray disc I was only peaking at 10% CPU utilisation and 40% GPU utilisation. So for now Ill can atleast playback blurays in 4k upscaling using the cinema mode UI layout of powerdvd.

I tried some native 4K HEVC, both my 8 bit colour main profile 60 FPS HEVC sample failed to play, and my 10 bit colour main profile 10 HEVC 60 FPS sample failed to play. None of this was GPU accelerated and the audio was a stuttering and skipping mess with the CPU being overloaded. Your going to need to support main 10 profile because thats what the enhanced bluray standard involves.

So the defects I see now are:

1. In classic UI mode, 2160P desktop resolutions wont playback video - results in a black screen. Cinema mode UI will playback OK most video types.

2. HEVC playback is not GPU accelerated even when using GPUs like the GTX 960 that does support full hardware decode. Which effectively means the video wont play cos the CPU cant handle 2160P 60 FPS HEVC high bitrate.

3. 10 bit colour HEVC main 10 profile isnt played back. Main 10 HEVC 2160P 60 FPS can be played back under full hardware decode GPU acceleration on a gtx 960 without stuttering totally smooth using MPC-HC x64 with copyback DVVA2 LAV filters

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 21. 2015 00:04

nullack [Avatar]
[Post New]
Some additional test results to report with my GTX 960 and 4K UHD display.

Oddly, even though bluray disc playback works at the 2160P desktop resolution when powerdvd is set to cinema mode, video files such as AVIs and MKVs that are not bluray discs do not playback - black screen with audio only - when tried in the same cinema mode. This is odd, because some as these avis and mkvs are much lower resolution than bluray disc, and not all of them use H.264 like many blurays - they use simplier video codecs like MP4-SP and MP4-ASP.
nullack [Avatar]
[Post New]
Some updates on this beta cycle. I see you are calling this beta v1804 and also the one you pushed to production on 2015-06-23 is also v1804. However, they are in fact different builds with distinctly different behaviour.

With the prod build, I can now playback all the video that I could before in 1920x1080P at 2160P 4K using my GTX 960

This is awesome!

I have a high frame rate 60 FPS HEVC 2160P Main High Profile sample that plays very well no apaprent stuttering. Upscaling looks generally good. However I am noticing from time to time some stuttering in playback typically in upscaled bluray playback - I dont know the cause there was according to my hardware monitoring, the GPU, the CPU etcetc are all within limits.

We continue not to have full hardware decoding for the GTX 960 on High profile 10 bit colour HEVC samples. There is no way a CPU can handle high frame rate 4K content in 10 bit colour, so its a stuttering and skipping mess with powerdvd 15.

Anyway I am indeed pleased that 4K 2160P now works on most formats with the GTX 960
whatevergong82 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 19, 2014 11:08 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Thank you for the update patch for PowerDVD.

It's working fine on my Windows 8.1 16 GB RAM PC.

I'm hoping that when I upgrade to Windows 10 at the end of the month, that there won't be any issues.