Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Transition Effect: Threshold 1 & 2
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi' all!

Some time back I posted an explanation of "how to appear and disappear like a ghost". I hope some of you got to try it out and hope you liked the results.

Well, now I have a new one for you to try, it involves the use of the Threshold transition effect, both 1 and 2, plus the colour board, which can be selected from a drop-down menu from clicking on "all content".

Okay, here's the explanation, step-by-step: 1) choose the colour you wish to use and set its duration(between clips) on the timeline to twice the length of the transition effect, for example, 5 seconds of transition requires 10 seconds of colour board. 2) Apply the transition(Threshold 1) between the clip your coming out of and the colour board, then apply the transition(Threshold 2) between the colour board and the next clip of your video. As you'll see on your timeline, the two transitions now "swallow" the colour board but when you play through, you'll see the effect it creates - the colour starts to break in over the previous scene, then almost immediately the next scene breaks in over the colour board. This effect is particularly useful when one clip is shot in one location, and the following clip is shot somewhere else entirely. The effect could also be used to show the difference in seasons two complete videos that you may have shot and edited previously. One could've been about holidays in the snow at Thredbo(NSW, Australia) with the next being Summer at Bondi Beach(Sydney NSW, Australia). If you've faded from black at the start of or to black at the end of these clips, simply snip out the black and drop in the transition effect I've explained. Which colour to use? that's up to you but a bit of experimentation wouldn't go astray!
Kevinv64 [Avatar]
Member Location: Upper Midwest Joined: Jun 28, 2012 05:41 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
Works well. Thanks.

Kevin
Neil.F.1955 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 07, 2012 09:15 Messages: 1303 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, Kevin!

Glad you liked it. You can experiment with the effect by using different colours to suit the mood of the video subject, you could even try using Threshold 1 into and out of the colour board but I'd avise not to use Threshold 2 into the colour as it goes straight to the colour without any effect, so it's best to put Threshold 1 into colour and Threshold 2 or 1 out of colour board and into next scene. Experimentation leads me to offer that advice.

Cheers!

Neil.