Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
can't see blu-ray as an option for movie disc creation?
merlin7777777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 03, 2015 21:29 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
I have an external blu-ray burner that had powerdvd10 bundled with it. I wan't to burn a blu-ray with several movies on it but I can't see blu-ray as a format option. Am I doing something wrong? Does the burner need to be plugged in at this stage to be given the blu-ray option?
merlin7777777 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 03, 2015 21:29 Messages: 36 Offline
[Post New]
anyone?
WillChill58 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Northern Hemisphere Joined: Dec 10, 2012 22:00 Messages: 13 Offline
[Post New]
(read my last sentence first please) Sorry you haven't received an answer. I certainly would keep the DVD/BD burner plugged in and seen by the computer. If the computer files list and devices list have it listed then you will know it's the burning program itself that is the issue. I'm sorry I don't have a link but often the bd/dvd registry files become corrupt, particularly if you run registry cleaners and the like. Depending on your OS, go to that support entity and look for fixes. It's sort of a shooting target to find because the pages are moved and updated etc. but I've found effective solutions to your question (particularly if its the computer first that doesn't see your BD burner) written in the Microsoft forums. I didn't book mark it , I'm afraid but there is a handy Administrator CMD statement solution a programmer wrote that totally fixed all of my issues with the bd burner. That is where I would start. I hope someone with more knowledge about Director Suite . Power DVD does not have bd burning its the director suite I would use. or Power2Go 8/9/10
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Merlin, perhaps some reading about blu ray is in order -- as well as reading about the capabilities of each of the programs It will save you time in the long run. There is also the help menus on-line and in the program.

Do you have a blu ray blank disc in the burner? I have the same burner and it does work.

Suggestion, go to the top of this page and select the Support Tab. Click on the BR and3D advisor. Run it on your computer. Does it say that your computer and programs are blu ray compatible?

By the way, no legitimate program will copy commercial copyrighted DVD

Another "by the way" , this is not tech support nor is it a bulletin board. Most of us are just users and reply when we have time. You may get a reply in hours or days; posting to bumb your question is not good manners and may be against froum rules.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 13. 2015 10:46

BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.