Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Gaps in the time line
[Post New]
I am working with 9 video tracks for to create a short video showing video images moving from the top of the screen to the bottom, butted up against each other as tho they were a single video string. Each image has to follow the previous by 1 9/30 of a second (or 1.09 as shown by PowerDirector). I cannot move anything to any period between 1.23 and 2.0, 2.23 and 3.0, etc. When I nudge the image it goes immediately from 1.23 to 2.00, nothing in between. Does anyone know what is causing this and how to get a complete time line back? Paul C
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I am working with 9 video tracks for to create a short video showing video images moving from the top of the screen to the bottom, butted up against each other as tho they were a single video string. Each image has to follow the previous by 1 9/30 of a second (or 1.09 as shown by PowerDirector). I cannot move anything to any period between 1.23 and 2.0, 2.23 and 3.0, etc. When I nudge the image it goes immediately from 1.23 to 2.00, nothing in between. Does anyone know what is causing this and how to get a complete time line back?
The behavior of the timeline depends on the the expansion of your view of the timeline.

On the lower Left of the User interface is a slider, the more you move that slider to the right the finer the control and the steps you can adjust the timing. The maximum is one frame. 33 milliseconds for NTSC, 40 milliseconds for PAL.

To see the entire movie, right click > view entire movie.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 27. 2015 17:13

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Thanks, my timeline frame rate was (somehow) reset to 24 FPS from 30 FPS that I had been using to create videos which was then used to create blue ray DVDs. Base on the options available, it looks as tho' that is the best frame rate to use. Can you verify that for me? Paul C
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks, my timeline frame rate was (somehow) reset to 24 FPS from 30 FPS that I had been using to create videos which was then used to create blue ray DVDs. Base on the options available, it looks as tho' that is the best frame rate to use. Can you verify that for me?
You can make 24 fps, or 60i fps Bluray disks. The most common is 60i. Set the timeline to either 30 fps (NTSC) or 60 fps (NTSC). Either will work for BluRay disks. It also depends on your Bluray player as to which format works best. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

[Post New]
Thanks for the info. I have had very good experiences in making videos from still pictures, including fairly complex videos requiring multiple time frame layers for special effects. Paul C