Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdvd 14 with only 64mb VRAM?
thedboy [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 21, 2015 11:32 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I just tried to install powerdvd 14 in order to play Blu Rays. As soon as I opened it, my computer bluescreened and restarted. I then had to open my laptop in safe mode and uninstall it. After fishing around on the internet, the problem seems to be either my VGA driver (which I have now updated), or my VRAM. The VRAM needs to be 128mb, but mine is 64mb. I've tried to go into my bios to increase this, but there is no option to do that in my bios.

I'm hesitant to install it again coz I don't want my computer to bluescreen again and be damaged. Is there a way of getting powerdvd 14 to work on 64mb VRAM? I guess probably not. All I wanna do is play a blu ray! I'm not keen on buying any new software cos powerdvd came with my laptop, but if I do, is there any which would work on just 64mb VRAM?

That's probably a lot of questions, but I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give me. If I'd have known playing blu rays was going to be so problematic, I wouldn't have bothered buying them in the first place!

All help is appreciated.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
you may check with your vendor how to increase VRAM to128MB via BIOS/UEFI Setting

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan