Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Where is the log... ?
[Post New]
Hello,

I've had problems playing Blu-rays and suspect that the AACS keys are out of date. I don't know whether updates have worked. Before I get into Windows Firewall rules, I'd like to read the log to see whether updates have failed.

Where is the log to which other users in trouble have referred?

Thank You.
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
there are no log files that are accesible for end-users as far as I know.
Please check the welcome thread:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/38203.page

and either post more info here in our Forum (user-2user help) or get in contact with our technical Support Team

thx
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
[Post New]
Thank you for your kind response, Michael,

That there is no event log is unfortunate because the update operation provides no happy/sad outcome. I suspect that updates are failing because of the lack of confirmation when I click [_Yes_] in response to "You must update CyberLink PowerDVD now to continue the playback of this content". Let me explain... When I got this notice and clicked [_Yes_] in PowerDVD 10, PowerDVD 10 no longer would play any Blu-ray disc. Now I run PowerDVD 11 and have not gotten such a notice, but I'm concerned that when I do, PowerDVD 11 will also stop working.

I need to know how to configure 'Windows Firewall with Advanced Security' so that PowerDVD 11 can update. To that end, I have already created the following 3 outbound firewall rules:

1 - Allow 'C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\PowerDVD11\PDVD11Serv.exe'
(I discovered this via 'Windows Task Manager' > 'Processes' where it's described as 'PowerDVD RC Service')

2 - Allow 'CyberLink PowerDVD 11.0 Monitor Service'
(I discovered this via 'Windows Firewall with Advanced Security' where it's listed in 'Outbound Rules' > 'Customize Service Settings' as 'CyberLink PowerDVD 11.0 Monitor Service')

3 - Allow 'CyberLink PowerDVD 11.0 Service'
(I discovered this via 'Windows Firewall with Advanced Security' where it's listed in 'Outbound Rules' > 'Customize Service Settings' as 'CyberLink PowerDVD 11.0 Service')

Are they right?
Are they sufficient to allow updating?
Are any of them redundant?

I assume you understand and appreciate why I closed the firewall in the outbound direction. Unfortunately, doing so then requires firewalll rules to allow selected outbound connections such as those above. I asked the Microsoft Windows support forum for a method for the firewall to notify me when a program or daemon attempts to open an outbound connection and to then idenfy the program or daemon so I can write an outbound rule, but the technicians stonewalled me. I imagine Microsoft doesn't want people to close the firewall in the outbound direction. I found a freeware program that monitors the firewall in exactly that manner, but it contains a virus.

I am asking for this information for 2 reasons: 1, so other people can profit from the knowledge, and 2, so I don't unnecessarily burden CyberLink technical support.

As a side issue, Michael, when this is resolved, there's probably good reason for me to start a new thread with a better Subject such as 'Outbound firewall rules to allow PowerDVD', so that a Google search will give better outcomes. What do you think?

Thank You.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 21. 2015 14:04

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
PowerDVD 10 is EOL:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/32677.page

currently PDVD 11 is still in the Support list, but you may contact our Support Team for any PDVD 11 related issues.

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan