Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Splitting a video and then saving the piece
MasterVegito [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2015 14:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hey.

I want to split a video and then save all those parts into the library, the box in which you import the medias, WITHOUT having to render the split pieces one by one.

How can I do that? In premiere from adobe this is a basic function and in this supposedly most flexible editor, I can't find it easily.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 17. 2015 14:35

ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi MasterVegito -

Saving a segment without producing/rendering? Whilst it may be a function of other software, you can't do that in PDR to my knowledge.

In PDR 13, you can select a range & produce it, as shown here - https://youtu.be/PaoIdQlZz1w - if you use Intelligent SVRT, PDR will offer a profile to match your original media so that re-rendering is minimised.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
MasterVegito [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 17, 2015 14:31 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Way over complicated for what takes 1 button. I find it weird that despite this being 13 version, something so basic is still overlooked.
[Post New]
MasterVegito you can split video when you capture it with PD (into separate files).
If you already have all video clips in one video file and need to split them by scene or time-code then I would recommend a free program called http://www.scenalyzer.com/

Win8.1 Pro x64 / Dual x5670 / 24GB / GTX960 4GB / 240GB SSD + 640GB HDD / PD13 Ultimate