Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
tv folders
jaduk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 28, 2011 06:54 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
i have added my tv folders, in the tv folders i have the folder name as the tv program and inside i have it listed as 1.1 (episode name) 1.2 (episode name) and so on for the different seasons (2.1 epsiode name). when adding the main tv folder to power dvd 15, it is all messed up and it puts the different seasons into different folders instead of one folder and the seasons like i have it but worse still it does not show the episode name. i ave even taken the 1.1 away from it in the folder and had just the episode name and on bothe occasions in power dvd 15 it does not show the episode name. i have a folders that have numbers (folder 1 for season 1, folder 2 for season 2 and so on) and when i open the folders, it just shows episode 1,episode 2, and so on not title name of the episode. so open folder 1 (season 1) and it says episode 1 etc without title names. confused? lol

what am i doing wrong and how do i get it so it shows a folder as the tv folder name and inside it shows the episode numbers and titles? thank you
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

Check the help file for the instructions on how to name your files and folders for best results. Search for the section "Organizing TV Shows".

I think from what you wrote, the problem is you are not putting "0" in front of the season and episode numbers. Try that and reading the help file section.

Regards,
David
jaduk [Avatar]
[Post New]
don't you think I have already tried the help section and everything else? that's why I am here lol. I will try it with the zero's though
CLD [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Mar 23, 2007 02:05 Messages: 925 Offline
[Post New]
Hello,

No I didn't think you did, because in the help it says the season and the episode numbers are "XX" and "YY", not "X" and "Y" like you did. Check the examples and it will show you how to organize correctly.

David

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at May 19. 2015 06:03

jaduk [Avatar]
[Post New]
right! renamed 1.1 to 01 etc which made the folder names show but not the episode names, they still show up as episode 1 etc which is a shame. given up and just playing htem from the folder myself but thanks for your help anyway
raven-au [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 03, 2011 22:15 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: right! renamed 1.1 to 01 etc which made the folder names show but not the episode names, they still show up as episode 1 etc which is a shame. given up and just playing htem from the folder myself but thanks for your help anyway

Yeah, I see the same even when using the described naming, there's no metadata at all, only the show cover.

And that's not all.

The matching is lame as well.

A couple of examples:

• the seasons of the well known show Stargate SG-1 matches some totally unrelated shows and if the cover art is changed it doesn't stick, probably becuase the jpg is on a network share that uses username/password and PowerDVD is too braindead to use the info it needs to access the shows themselves.

• if the year is included in the directory name where thetvdb.com specifies the show name as including it PowerDVD doesn't know how to use it. For example for "Doctor Who" and "Doctor Who (2005)" PowerDVD will find the first 8 seasons of "Doctor Who (2005)" and season 9-26 of "Doctor Who".

• there's no grouping ability, all seasons are serially displayed. With around 23 seasons of Doctor Who and serveral shows with 10 or more seasons it's a mess.

• there's no grouping of realted Movies either AFAICS, Star Wars for example.

• form time to time you need to enter text into dialog boxes to fix problems but the WiFi remote has no keypad (like what is seen on real remotes) so you have to plug a keyboard (and mounse) into the player for this.

There's a few more things I noticed during the brief time I spent looking at this but it's enough to conclude that the PowerDVD Media Library isn't usable as a Media Centre type front end to a living room TV so don't waste your time.