Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDVD cinema mode and Disney Blurays
Rareuns [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 27, 2009 07:26 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi!

I encounter quite a annoying problem when I want to play Disney blurays (e.g. Guardians of the Galaxy, avengers) using the powerdvd cinema mode. The display is stuck before the previews (just after the nice blue screen "stay tuned ...") as it tries to load some stuff.

I have no problem using the standard powerdvd ( no cinema mode) or using cinema mode with root privileges. Doessome one has the same issue? I created a ticket with kind of automatic answer on this issue to reinstall powerdvd with all the services disabled, ethernet cable unplugged,.. but with no luck.

I use powerdvd live with windows 8.1 (all updates applied).

Help! This is killing my WAF!

Jean-Marie
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
from your description I assume that you use a "Standard" Windows account and not an Admin account, right?

can you explain more about the accounts you use and the authorities? It may help to reproduce it.

Did you contact our Support Team?
http://support.cyberlink.com

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Rareuns [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have an administrator account for software installation and a standard account for day to day use. I did not change any authority on the standard account (based on Windows default settings). I use an auto login on this standard account and WMC is added in the startup menu.
I have only a few software on this PC: powerDVD, Kaspersky, AnyDVD HD, Soundgraph Imon, My Movies, VLC

I hope you will be able to help me with this matter. Please tell me if there is any information you may need.

Jean-Marie
CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
ok so:

Installation under Admin account?
Software use under standard account?

br
Michael
Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
Rareuns [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes, but I think I found the issue and the solution!! While I was listing the installed software, I noted that Oracle Java was not installed and I remembered that the loading is linked to Java. Ok it's working without problem in standard powerdvd, but I tried it anyway. Now it's working. I have done the test just before and after the java installation and also after a reboot. It is still working!!!!
I hope this might help you to better understand the powerdvd behaviour.

Regards,

Jean-Marie