Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PowerDirector previews file but won't produce a movie from it
Fabbian [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 08, 2015 13:27 Messages: 29 Offline
[Post New]
I have a 4GB, 30-minute MTS file that PowerDirector previews fine
but when I try to produce a movie from the file PowerDirector reports
"Production unsuccessful". (See Production unsuccessful.jpg)

As far as I can tell the file is a normal MTS file, 1920 x 1080
recorded at 29 frames per second. Does anyone have any idea why I'm
having trouble with this file and no others? (See Properties1.jpg and Properties2.jpg)
[Thumb - Properties1.jpg]
 Filename
Properties1.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
62 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
204 time(s)
[Thumb - Properties2.jpg]
 Filename
Properties2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
52 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
130 time(s)
[Thumb - Production unsuccessful.jpg]
 Filename
Production unsuccessful.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
218 time(s)
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Fabbian

I had exactly this problem last week and it drove me mad. After trying absolutely everything I discovered that SVRT was checked on the produce page. I unticked it and all was fine.

This may not be your problem, but it's worth a look. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
Fabbian [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, but no, SVRT wasn't selected in my case. I wish it were that simple. I found a workaround. I imported the file into Magix Movie Edit Pro and rendered it as an M2TS file. PowerDirector seems quite happy with that file. I would still like to be able to work with the original file, so if anyone has other ideas I'd like to hear them.
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Try producing the file without any hardware acceleration. It should work. Beleive the problem is the video card and the driver. One user solved his problem by unchecking Fast video rendering technology.

Let us know if you can now produce the file.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Fabbian,
1. Where is this MTS video file from?
2. Please provide the MediaInfo on the file, see the guides, Part J.
3. Have you attempted to produce & to which/what formats?
4. Have you edited the video - reduced it in size - split it half way and then Produced?
Just throwing a few ideas/suggestions.
Dafydd
Fabbian [Avatar]
[Post New]
thomasc, fast video rendering was not checked.

Dafydd, thanks for your suggestions.

1. The video came from my JVC GZ-E10BU camcorder.

2. I don't know what MediaInfo is. What guides? All I have is a PDF file called Power Director Users Guide. It doesn't have anything I can identify as Part J. Nor does it contain "mediainfo" or "media info".

3. I tried producing to H.264 1920x1080 60i M2TS, H.264 1920x1080 30p MP4, H.265 1920x1080 30p MP4, and MPEG-2 1920x1080 60i, all with the same results.

4. I have not tried cutting the file in half but I have successfully produced other files that were longer, so I don't think that is the problem.

I tried clicking the "Intelligent SVRT" button and going with the recommended settings. The program is 21% done rendering the file now. It will be finished in about an hour and I'll know if I got a satisfactory result. All the previous attempts failed immediately, so I'm hopeful this will work.
[Post New]
MediaInfo, Dafydd is referring to is in:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40225.page

This will give others more info about the source files you use and much more.

Regarding SVRT, it looks at your source file and suggests an output format that matches the source.

Sometimes you want this (usually a lot faster to produce) but not always, depending what format the produced file needs to be in so it is playable on your Media player, TV, DV and many more.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Apr 30. 2015 11:28

Win8.1 Pro x64 / Dual x5670 / 24GB / GTX960 4GB / 240GB SSD + 640GB HDD / PD13 Ultimate
Fabbian [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the pointer to the guide It was very helpful.

I was able to produce the file using the settings recommended by "Intelligent SVRT", so that problem is resolved.

I'm glad to learn about MediaInfo and I'll be taking a look at it as soon as I have time. Maybe having more detailed information about the file will help me figure out what the problem is.