Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
PhotoDirector 6 stays in memory, does not close down properly
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
PD6 is not closing down properly. If I use it several times during the day and close it each time, you can go into Task Manager and see that each instance is still there and it never stops running. This is with version 6225.0

I have attached a screenshot of the task manager to show it does not shut down properly when you exit PD6.
[Thumb - 2015-04-22 15_34_41-Task Manager.jpg]
 Filename
2015-04-22 15_34_41-Task Manager.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
109 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
123 time(s)
Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
ASUS GTX 660 Direct CU II OC 2GB GPU
1 TB RAID 1 (mirrored) Drive Array
Several scratch drives for video, TMP, pagefile.
[Post New]
Hello OnTheWeb1,

There are 3x PhotoDirector 6 processes running at once? I've never seen that before. I have had, as many members would, instances of software not closing down when it's been closed. I get that quite often with PDR. I used to have issues with my Microsoft Outlook, but that was down to an Internet Security add-on. Once I disabled the add-on, all was well. I've read reports of browsers doing the same thing.

BUT, I honestly have no idea what the cause might be. With your experience of PCs, you'd be more likely to be able to put your finger on it.

I though it may be related to some other process that runs with PhD (like PDHanumanSvr.exe RUNS WITH pdr), but I haven't been able to find one yet.

Hopefully, somone more technically literate than I might be able to offer a suggestion.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
OnTheWeb1
Contributor Location: Michigan USA Joined: Jan 02, 2009 12:58 Messages: 511 Offline
[Post New]
It's worse than I thought. That's not just an idle process sitting memory. I have a power monitor hooked up to my PC and when the PD6 process stays in memory the PC uses an extra 70 watts of electric power, which means it's loading the CPU substantially. That is a 50% increase compared to when PD6 is not running.

I haven't measured it with multiple stuck instances but I'm sure it's worse. That's a lot wattage down the drain for nothing.

This has to get fixed.

Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
OnTheWeb1
[Post New]
I have placed a tech support request to fix this. The ticket number is: CS001463896 Win8 64-bit Pro Retail
Intel i7-4770
16GB DDR3 1600 8-8-8-24
MSI Z87-G45 Motherboard
[Post New]
Thank you OnTheWeb1,

I'll also refer the issue to the R&D team at CL, quoting your ticket number & this thread.

PIX PIX YouTube channel