Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can't play some Blu-Ray folders (Windows 10 TP)
AlexK12 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 18, 2015 11:25 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
Nearly 1/3 of all my Blu-Ray movie folders do not play in PowerDVD 15 (also they do not play in PowerDVD 14, by the way).

When I click on "open folder" and select the movie folder, the program just displays black screen with controls for a fraction of second then immediately returns back to main menu screen of PowerDVD 15.

I use Windows 10 Tech Preview build 10049.

Other 2/3 of Blu-Ray folders play well, also all of physical Blu-Ray discs I tried play without problems too.

For example, problematic movies are:

Birdman EUR

Captain America Winter Soldier EUR

Hercules (2014)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 21. 2015 00:55

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
Windows 10 is not released yet and in current stage we cannot and do not claim any compatibility with this new Operating system that is still in development phase.

Of course we will and do work on W10 compatibility for latest PowerDVD 15 - but as the OS is still not final a lot of things can and probably will change till the final release of W10

you may double check your issues on Windows 8/8.1

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
AlexK12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, I installed PowerDVD 15 on Windows 7 (on same PC), and encountered the same problem with same movie folders.

Discontinued competing product that I had before - it's latest and last (before it was discontinued) version plays these folders on Windows 7 without problems, but this competing product's version is incompatible with my Windows 10 TP, always causing a BSOD at program launch.

So on Windows 10 TP, I want to use PowerDVD 15 to play these folders, but it just does nothing instead of playing.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 21. 2015 01:32

CyberLink-Michael [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Europe Joined: Apr 18, 2007 04:05 Messages: 7418 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,
this sounds like an compatibility issue with your folders.

can you explain how you created those folders?
In general they should be a 1:1 copy of the disc content without anything missing or added

br
Michael Technical Support

Werde Facebook Fan
AlexK12 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I found a solution.

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/30134.page

PowerDVD 13,14,15 all need a folder AUXDATA (in BDMV) to be present even if this folder is empty. I created these empty folders and the movies started to play ok.

Cyberlink-Michael, could you please tell your programmers to modify the playback algorithm to play Blu-Ray movies even without this folder? At least TMT6 works even without AUXDATA.
ezfree [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 04, 2017 06:25 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I found a solution.

PowerDVD 13,14,15 all need a folder AUXDATA (in BDMV) to be present even if this folder is empty. I created these empty folders and the movies started to play ok.

Cyberlink-Michael, could you please tell your programmers to modify the playback algorithm to play Blu-Ray movies even without this folder? At least TMT6 works even without AUXDATA.

@AlexK12 - Thank you for the solution.
Frankly, I'm shocked that this issue still persists after reading related posts going back to 2012!

Cyberlink, it'd be great if you could address this issue so paying customers don't have to spend hours hunting down obscure fixes to things that should be inherent to a Blu-Ray playback app.
MadHorse [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 07, 2018 15:48 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Quote I found a solution.

Thank you, that worked for me, i was going crazy.
it's incredible, i have PowerDVD 17 and there is still this problem while a free software like Leawo Blu-ray Player.

Please, try to solve it, i know i can manually create this folder, but why a software like this need an empty folder to start playing ad Blu-Ray folder?

Thank you
Von69 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 27, 2021 05:36 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Is this still a Bug in latest version?