Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Please Integrate PowerDVD 15 into Windows Media Center
whatevergong82 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 19, 2014 11:08 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Hi. I've just purchased PowerDVD 15 Ultra yesterday, and I'm liking what I've seen of the program so far. Pleased with the new additions to the program.

However, I have one issue that I think that Cyberlink will need to take care of: could you please integrate PowerDVD 15 into Windows Media Center?

I have Windows 8.1 with Windows Media Center, and I have purchased PowerDVD 12/13/14/ 15 (all Ultra), and Windows Media Cinter integrates beautifully with the earlier PowerDVD programs.

However, for the newest version it does not. Could you please address this?

Thank you.
stewart_pk [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jan 10, 2014 06:36 Messages: 130 Offline
[Post New]
I don't understand, it integrated for me. I know because as soon as I saw it I turned it OFF
whatevergong82 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: I don't understand, it integrated for me. I know because as soon as I saw it I turned it OFF

It did not work at all for me.

This is odd, because Windows Media Center integrated with PowerDVD 12 Ultra, PowerDVD 13 Ultra, and PowerDVD 14 Ultra. It even integrated with the last Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre (TMT6) and WinDVD 11.7 as well.

I contacted Microsoft, they said it was a third party issue, i.e. Cyberlink's.

Is there a plug-in I could use to get PowerDVD 15 Ultra to work?
stewart_pk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Maybe try uninstalling and installing PowerDVD 15 again and make sure that Windows MCE is not running and even recording at the time.
whatevergong82 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Maybe try uninstalling and installing PowerDVD 15 again and make sure that Windows MCE is not running and even recording at the time.

Thanks.

Going to do that right now.

I'll un-install PowerDVD 15, and make sure that Windows Media Center isn't running when I re-install PowerDVD 15. I might have to reboot my PC in the process though.
whatevergong82 [Avatar]
[Post New]
No dice.

I did all of that, and nothing happened at all.

I might have to call Cyberlink tomorrow morning to see what they can do about this.
stewart_pk [Avatar]
[Post New]
Try this, assuming you can find these options. If you can't then it really seems like it's not installing into WMC properly.

1) Settings ---> Start Menu and Extras ---> Extras Library and tick the "Play Blu-rays Disc" option.

2) Close Windows MC.

3) Open Windows MC.

4) Settings ---> Start Menu and Extras ---> Start Menu and tick the "Cyberlink PowerDVD 15" option.
whatevergong82 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Try this, assuming you can find these options. If you can't then it really seems like it's not installing into WMC properly.

1) Settings ---> Start Menu and Extras ---> Extras Library and tick the "Play Blu-rays Disc" option.

2) Close Windows MC.

3) Open Windows MC.

4) Settings ---> Start Menu and Extras ---> Start Menu and tick the "Cyberlink PowerDVD 15" option.

I tried what you suggested--no dice.

I've already got in touch with Tech Support, and have given them all the info that they requested from me. When they fix this--and they will; I'll post there online what the exact steps were to fix my issue.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 18. 2015 01:26

eyalkattan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 10, 2015 01:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi I'm thinking of upgrading from V13 to V15 and was wondering if you solved the WMC issue. I'm running W7 but will not upgrade unless V15 does support WMC

Thanks
whatevergong82 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi I'm thinking of upgrading from V13 to V15 and was wondering if you solved the WMC issue. I'm running W7 but will not upgrade unless V15 does support WMC

Thanks

Created a work ticket with Support.

I had to re-install Windows 8.1, because there was some other, unknown conflicts on my PC that prevented me from using most Windows Installers from any program.

I finally got PowerDVD 15 Ultra to integrate into Windows Media Center though.
boe323 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 06, 2014 11:48 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Im sorry you had to reinstall windows, if id of seen the thread earlier i could of helped, theres a wondefull program called windows all in one repair, also, for fixinf mediacentre issues, navigate to taskscheduler/microsoft/windows/mediacentre, and run all the recovery options, open mediacentre, close it again and run them again and reboot.
eyalkattan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 10, 2015 01:55 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
I finally got PowerDVD 15 Ultra to integrate into Windows Media Center though.

Great! I'm glad it worked out. I'm going to upgrade
Bong Jenny [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 25, 2015 23:04 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Try this, assuming you can find these options. If you can't then it really seems like it's not installing into WMC properly.

2) Close Windows MC.

3) Open Windows MC.

Thanks so much. This guide works for me