Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Powerdirector 13 Crashes when watching previews of AVCHD
coach Ben [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 19, 2014 23:02 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Im working on a video and while when i try and click on files ive imported into the media room and attempt to preview them the entire program crashes.

The files im using are AVCHD files from a sony cam.

Would appreciate any help anyone can offer.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Coach,

Would you please giver us more information so we don't have to ask so many questions?

Answer these:

http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40225.page .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
coach Ben [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 19, 2014 23:02 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
A- im using PowerDirector Ultra 13.0.26.4.0

B- is attached as a .txt

C- I have reinstalled PD and has not solved the problem

D- I have made dozens of videos on PD using AVCHD files before but now when i go to watch them in the preview box the whole program will crash. I have been able to watch mp4s and wmv files on the preview player.

G- I have upgraded to the most current patch avaliable today.

Was working fine last night but i get home from work after nothing has changed and it wont work.
 Filename
Coach.txt
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
91 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
231 time(s)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Reboot, and then use Windows restore to get your computer back to where it was working properly. There could have been some unseen updates that occurred.

Are you the only one using the computer?

That dxdiag text file shows a lot of faults (near the bottom). I'll have to do some research on them if the Restore does't work.

If you haven't used restore, it won't do anyhting to yoiu fules ither than delete the ones added SINCE the date/time of the restore. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
NonnyM [Avatar]
Member Joined: Dec 04, 2012 13:40 Messages: 51 Offline
[Post New]
If you are running Win7 64

Off the wall suggestion !

Either /or / and Run PD13 as administrator or create a new user with admin rights and see if the problem is resolved.

Easy to to. and worth a try.

Rgds Win 7 Home SP 1, PD 13
Processor i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz, 3201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), (RAM) 8.00 GB, Sys Drive 120 gig SSD, Data Drive 1 Terrabyte, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750Ii , Portable USB3 2 Terrabyte