Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Scene Detection and RichVideo do not work
Laszlo2015 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 11, 2015 20:23 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I am new on this forum, so please forgive me if my issue had already been discussed before.

I started using PD13 a few months ago and successfully burnt a few DVDs of my video clips (sldeshows with background music). Some of these clips were made years ago by various other programs and some others were made by PD13. Last week I tried to burn a new DVD using some of the same clips, but this time Scene Detection (RichVideo) did not work. Moreover, I cannot move these clips to the timeline; I always get the error message: Media Source Error [Error Code2]. I tried to open 20 other clips as well. Interestingly, Scene Detection worked with 2 but not with other 18.

Can you give me some advice what to do? I attach the dxdiag and media info files.

I also attach one of the clips that I failed to load and open in PD13.

Thanks,

Laszlo
 Filename
Konya_mediainfo.txt
[Disk]
 Description
media info file
 Filesize
3 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
172 time(s)
 Filename
Konya_dxdiag.txt
[Disk]
 Description
dxdiag file
 Filesize
81 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
249 time(s)
 Filename
Clip 1, Paris.pds
[Disk]
 Description
One of the clips that do not load correctly in PD13
 Filesize
800 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
146 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 14. 2015 08:28

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Video on your Hard Drive?

All video are mpeg2 files?

Have you convert the DVD vob files to mpeg 2?

I cant replicate your issue and I'm using an mpeg2 (format mpeg-ps) video with the same spec as you - though mine was recorded in 2003.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 14. 2015 06:07

Laszlo2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Dafydd,

All clips are mpeg2 (mpg) files. I have attached one of them to my original message. I wonder whether you can import it to PD and run scene detection on it.

Thanks for your help,

Laszlo
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
You did not attach one of the clips. It must have an mpg extention.
Laszlo2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry, I attached the pds file instead of the mpg file. How can I replace it with the mpg file? I cannot add one more attachment to my original message.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Sorry, I attached the pds file instead of the mpg file. How can I replace it with the mpg file? I cannot add one more attachment to my original message.
You could have added the mpg file to this post.

If you have more than three attachments, you start another post using the same topic. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Laszlo2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, I am going to do that.