Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Can Not Open Saved Project
Antonio1951 [Avatar]
Newbie Location: USA Joined: Apr 07, 2015 17:10 Messages: 20 Offline
[Post New]
When I try to open a saved project I get the following: "CyberLink Power Director can not open this media file because it was moved or is missing" I need help!!!
Eldor
Member Location: Montreal, Canada Joined: Feb 27, 2015 10:13 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
Can you find the project on your hard drive?

Have you deleted anything or moved something? Renamed the directory?
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
PD13 can only remember the exact location of the file the last time you saved the project. If the file is now placed in a different folder or drive then you must tell it where it is now by browsing. Renaming a file causes the same thing. Simply browse to where that file is located now when it ask you.
Antonio1951 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I did not move or change anything. Yhe only thing that I did do was to update Quicktime
tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
Okay. Just browse to the location of the file.
Antonio1951 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks guys, I found it. Spent many days on this project and thought I was going to have to start over. Thanks again.
michael Sheehan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 10, 2015 01:53 Messages: 10 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all
I watched a tut showing how to save a unproduced project and I don't have that button on PD 13.
Could anyone point me to a way to do this so I can go back and edit later after saving?
Many thanks
Michael
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Michael

Do you mean FILE - "SAVE PROJECT AS" Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
michael Sheehan [Avatar]
[Post New]
The vid said use the export tab in the file menu and it showed packed project and mine does not...but if there is another way I'll be happy to learn.
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: The vid said use the export tab in the file menu and it showed packed project and mine does not...but if there is another way I'll be happy to learn.
Use File > Save Project As. Navigate to the location where you want to save the project file.

PD 13 wants to save the project file in the last location the project was saved. Where that is depends on the last save. You change that location my navigating to where you want the project saved and saving the project. Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

michael Sheehan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks so much...now using that way will it save everything in the timeline and media library?
The Shadowman
Senior Contributor Location: UK Joined: Dec 15, 2014 13:06 Messages: 1831 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Michael

On some earlier versions of PD the Pack Project button was reached through the FILE - EXPORT path. On PD13 you can go directly to FILE - PACK PROJECT.

I personally would only use "pack project" when my project was completely finished. In a particular project of your own your material may come from several sources such as directly from camera or an SD card, or perhaps your hard drive. While you are working on that project, PD needs all those sources to be in place so it can find the material.

If you "pack project" PD asks you to create a folder in which it can copy and save all those source materials so that it can easily be found later when the original sources have been removed. Needless to say pack project is fairly disk hungry.

Other people may use pack project differently, this is just my way. Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
michael Sheehan [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks Shadowman...if thast's the case how should I save during the project in case of crashes as I have had a few of those ?
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Once you have "saved project as" just use the normal "save" command or Ctrl S will do it. Even if PD crashes, and we have all been there, the project can be found at FILE - OPEN PROJECT - file name that you gave when you "saved as".

Make sure you keep saving all the time or you will regret it at some stage.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 06. 2015 11:02

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
michael Sheehan [Avatar]
[Post New]
great...so to wrap up the process is "save as" then save constantly during process and at the end pack project?
The Shadowman
[Post New]
Michael, to clarify:

When you start a project and save it for the FIRST time use "save project as" (give it a name) This file will be saved as a .PDS file.

When you are working on the project each time, use "save project" or ctrl "S" (do this often)This will save the project that you named above.

Once you have finished the project and you want to keep it for prosperity you can "pack project". PD will copy and save all the files that you put into the project, in their original format such as .mp4 etc., to a folder of your choice. Then, if in the future, you want to add or change something all the material is in place so you don't have to search for the original sources.

I hope this clarifies it a little for you.

PS. One other thing, I have noticed that you seem to ask your questions on the end of other peoples threads. This may cause your querie to be missed. I suggest you start a new thread if you have new unrelated questions

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 06. 2015 12:12

Panny TM10, GH2, GH4,
michael Sheehan [Avatar]
[Post New]
thanks got it.
I have just had a strage experience.
I saved a project opened it a few times and it worked perfectly. After updating my graphics driver it won't open..as before.