Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Only got a one day trial with Director 7.0
Robert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 31, 2008 21:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I downloaded PowerDirector 7 last night, did a preliminary look over, and went to bed. Now that I'm ready to dig into it, it says my 30 day demo has expired! Not off to a good start. I'm running a Dell XPS 410, Vista 32. Thanks for any tips. I also didn't see a way to e-mail tech support, just a listing of FAQ's. Thanks for any advice.

Bob Collin
Robert [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 31, 2008 21:08 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
OK, I opened my eyes and found the link to e-mail tech support. So I fired off my problem to them. I understand response isn't steller- anyone else had a similar problem?

Bob
Fred [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 29, 2008 13:54 Messages: 4 Offline
[Post New]
I only got a two day trial. I like the software, but still need to check if it will burn dvd's without issue. Still looking for help, I really would like to get some more time, two days is not enough to evaluate. Help.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
The Trial is for 30 day.

The usual reason is you've had an earlier trial on your system. Another possibility is you've had a clock/time change which has caused the trial to flip. I'm just guessing here. As some of us have changes to winter and summer time around now perhaps that has been a cause.

You'll need to contact support, as you have and wait.

Dafydd
Fred [Avatar]
[Post New]
Never had a trial before, this is my first time ever using video editing software.

For me, it stopped working on November 1. That might have done it, can't really imagine why though.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Robert and Fred,

I've sent you an PM of where to send the information.

Please follow the instruction.
For the trial expired issue, could you kindly ask user export the key at these place?
1. Run regedit (Click Start --> Run --> type "regedit" )
If user's OS is WinXP, please print screen the location image "HKEY_CLASS_ROOT\CLSID\{D7C58824-761C-4c5b-AB70-53CF1C4E418A}"
If user's OS is Vista, please print screen the location image "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\{D7C58824-761C-4c5b-AB70-53CF1C4E418A}"

I'll get the issue checked by CyberLink asap.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 04. 2008 10:12

Fred [Avatar]
[Post New]
Quote: Hi Robert and Fred,

I've sent you an PM of where to send the information.

Please follow the instruction.
For the trial expired issue, could you kindly ask user export the key at these place?
1. Run regedit (Click Start --> Run --> type "regedit" )
If user's OS is WinXP, please print screen the location image "HKEY_CLASS_ROOT\CLSID\{D7C58824-761C-4c5b-AB70-53CF1C4E418A}"
If user's OS is Vista, please print screen the location image "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\{D7C58824-761C-4c5b-AB70-53CF1C4E418A}"

I'll get the issue checked by CyberLink asap.

Dafydd

Hi. Thanks for trying to help. I am running windows XP and that string does not exist. There is no CLSID folder in the registry editor.