Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
UILayoutMgr.dll is missing, what is it, and how do I fix it please?
Kyle 40
Contributor Location: Cumbria Joined: Sep 06, 2013 14:14 Messages: 467 Offline
[Post New]
Just tried to launch Audio Director and this error message popped up! Any advice on how to find a remedy please?

error message

Cheers
[Thumb - UILayoutMgr missing file.png]
 Filename
UILayoutMgr missing file.png
[Disk]
 Description
error message missing file
 Filesize
43 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
673 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 29. 2015 11:28

I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Kyle 40
[Post New]
... I should have asked if there were a different way other than re-installing the whole Ultimate Suite.

Thankssurprised

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 29. 2015 11:30

[Post New]
Hello Kyle,

That's a WaveEditor error massage. I don't know whether this will help, but the .dll file UILayoutMgr is located in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\WaveEditor

A file of the same name is found in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\AudioDirector5\OLRSubmission Despite being named the same, these appear (by properties) to be quite different files.

I've attached copies of each file. You could simply drop them into the appropriate folders then restart AudioDirector (with your fingers crossed). Please don't confuse the two! laughing

PIX
 Filename
UILayoutMgr.dll
[Disk]
 Description
from WaveEditor folder
 Filesize
676 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
582 time(s)
 Filename
UILayoutMgr.dll
[Disk]
 Description
from AudioDirector folder
 Filesize
208 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
471 time(s)
PIX YouTube channel
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Hi Pix,

Many thanks for your reply. I didn't get a chance until late last night to try this out. Both the .dll files are the same size at 208KB !

Is this the same file as in C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\AudioDirector5\OLRSubmission ?

Thank you for such an indepth guide.

I tired to replace the missing .dll file late last night but now I've a completely different error message embarassed

Error message 2

I've now removed the new .dll file and I'm back to square one for the moment.

Back to work nowinnocent

Cheers
[Thumb - Error message 2.png]
 Filename
Error message 2.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
580 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 30. 2015 02:42

[Post New]
Hello Kyle,

The files I attached have different file sizes. Is it possible you put the wrong one in one of the folders?

Perhaps if my (possibly spurious) suggestion isn't working for you, a clean install of the software may be advisable.

PIX PIX YouTube channel
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: Hello Kyle,

The files I attached have different file sizes. Is it possible you put the wrong one in one of the folders?

Perhaps if my (possibly spurious) suggestion isn't working for you, a clean install of the software may be advisable.

PIX

Hi Pix

I don't know whats going on here but which ever of your .dll files I download, it's always 208KB in size even though the data from one of your .dll files says its much larger......... when I down load it, it's only 208kb.

I've deleted all the files I've downloaded now and started the downlaod process again, but I still can't get past 208KB!

Very confused, in fact I think I'll go to bed now !!

Thanks for helping

Cheers I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.
Eldor
Member Location: Montreal, Canada Joined: Feb 27, 2015 10:13 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
I suspect that what's happening is that you're downloading the first file first, and then downloading the second. WITHOUT FIRST moving that first file to its proper final (resting place) location. So the first file is being overwritten by the second.

Try doing one file at a time and once it's on your system move it to where it should be. Then do the second file.

Hope this helps...
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: I suspect that what's happening is that you're downloading the first file first, and then downloading the second. WITHOUT FIRST moving that first file to its proper final (resting place) location. So the first file is being overwritten by the second.

Try doing one file at a time and once it's on your system move it to where it should be. Then do the second file.

Hope this helps...

Hi Eldor, thanks for replying.

I'm afraid the final resting place for the files hasa been the trash can. I have tried to download the larger of the two .dll files all by itself, on several occassions. Thats just reminded me I haven't tried today .....

Nope, "it" still doesnt want to play ball. ... all .dll files in the trash can.

Trash can emptied ... still wont download.

Coffee time I think

Eldor
Member Location: Montreal, Canada Joined: Feb 27, 2015 10:13 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
Kyle, I hope you're enjoying your coffee! Maybe something stronger might be better.

You're RIGHT!

There is definitely something wrong with that first file (the longer one). I've now tried three times to download it, and each time the download just stops (freezes) at 31% or 207.8kb (of 676.3kb).

So I think PIX must have had some sort of glitch in his upload there.

If I leave my download manager (DownThemAll!) alone after that "freeze", and wait about 5 minutes, it finally wakes up again and gives me an error that says "Size mismatch". And the file is NOT downloaded.
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: Kyle, I hope you're enjoying your coffee! Maybe something stronger might be better.

You're RIGHT!

There is definitely something wrong with that first file (the longer one). I've now tried three times to download it, and each time the download just stops (freezes) at 31% or 207.8kb (of 676.3kb).

So I think PIX must have had some sort of glitch in his upload there.

If I leave my download manager (DownThemAll!) alone after that "freeze", and wait about 5 minutes, it finally wakes up again and gives me an error that says "Size mismatch". And the file is NOT downloaded.

Whew, I thought it was just me. Thanks Eldor for putting my mind at rest.

Now where is that stronger drink....

[Post New]
Gentlemen,

You're both RIGHT! I just downloaded the "larger" file & it shows up as 207KB here too. surprised It genuinely is 676KB (screenshot attached) & it was when I uploaded it.

I'm afraid I have no explanation for that. My knowledge of that sort of thing could be summarised on your fingernail.

Kyle, I can see no other option but to uninstall & re-install.

Eldor, thank you for contributing here and trying to help with this perplexing problem.

PIX
[Thumb - dll file size.png]
 Filename
dll file size.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
100 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
228 time(s)
PIX YouTube channel
Kyle 40
[Post New]
Quote: Gentlemen,

You're both RIGHT! I just downloaded the "larger" file & it shows up as 207KB here too. surprised It genuinely is 676KB (screenshot attached) & it was when I uploaded it.

I'm afraid I have no explanation for that. My knowledge of that sort of thing could be summarised on your fingernail.

Kyle, I can see no other option but to uninstall & re-install.

Eldor, thank you for contributing here and trying to help with this perplexing problem.

PIX

Pix, thank you for all your endevours in trying to helplaughing When I get some time, I'll do the uninstall/install thingy.

Kyle 40
[Post New]
Doh, just realised its the PD 13 Ultimate Suite, does that mean I have to unistall the full suite as I only have 2 CDs with the programmes onembarassed I just want to edit and make pictures, walk my dog and go fishing.