Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Syncing Audio and Video?
Eldor
Member Location: Montreal, Canada Joined: Feb 27, 2015 10:13 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
Here's the deal... I shot some video with a GoPro camera in the usual waterproof housing. And also recorded separate audio on my iPhone. At the start, when both video and audio were being recorded, I clapped my hands loudly. If I listen to the video (which has audio) I can hear the audio and can hear the hand clap. The separate audio recording is much better - clearer and louder.

When I try to get PDR13 to synch the video (with audio) to the separate audio, it fails, either through the timeline or MultiCam Editor. Yet I can hear where the hand clap is quite clearly on either.

My question is how I can possibly sync that separate audio to the video/audio. It's almost impossible to move either the audio/video track or the audio track so incrementally as to line them up. I can't find a way to add a mark to either to get DPR to sync based on that.

What should I be doing?

(This is a learning exercise for me, just to get all my tools in proper working order.)

Thanks for any help...

Eldor
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Here's the deal... I shot some video with a GoPro camera in the usual waterproof housing. And also recorded separate audio on my iPhone. At the start, when both video and audio were being recorded, I clapped my hands loudly. If I listen to the video (which has audio) I can hear the audio and can hear the hand clap. The separate audio recording is much better - clearer and louder.

When I try to get PDR13 to synch the video (with audio) to the separate audio, it fails, either through the timeline or MultiCam Editor. Yet I can hear where the hand clap is quite clearly on either.

My question is how I can possibly sync that separate audio to the video/audio. It's almost impossible to move either the audio/video track or the audio track so incrementally as to line them up. I can't find a way to add a mark to either to get DPR to sync based on that.

What should I be doing?

(This is a learning exercise for me, just to get all my tools in proper working order.)

Thanks for any help...

Eldor
Syncing audio to video or another sound track, so much fun!

First put your separate audio on a separate track (Track 2?) or Music Track.

Now expand your timeline view to the maximum (to the frame level) (move the slider on the bottom Left all the way to the Right). Only work with the separate audio track.

It takes trial and error to get an audio track in sync with another audio or video. Side the audio track forward or backward depending on when the sync point is.

If you need to slide the audio track to the left, you put a color board in front of the Video Track to move the video track to the right. (once the tracks are in sync, you can split both tracks to remove the color board). Of course when the tracks are in sync, Produce a video to make the sync permanent.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 21. 2015 21:19

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.

Eldor
Member Location: Montreal, Canada Joined: Feb 27, 2015 10:13 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Syncing audio to video or another sound track, so much fun!

NOT!!

Quote:
It takes trial and error to get an audio track in sync with another audio or video. Side the audio track forward or backward depending on when the sync point is.

You're not kidding!

Quote: If you need to slide the audio track to the left, you put a color board in front of the Video Track to move the video track to the right. (once the tracks are in sync, you can split both tracks to remove the color board). Of course when the tracks are in sync, Produce a video to make the sync permanent.

I'm afraid I don't understand the "color board" thing. Could you please run that by me again?

You know how in the Multicam Editor you can set "markers" on the clips and then have it align the clips to the markers? Well, that's what I was hoping to be able to do with this, but unles I'm missing something, you can't add a marker to an audio clip in the ME. So the ME doesn't work for aligning a separate audio clip to an audio/video clip if the audio in that audio/video clip is of poor quality or too low volume.

I was trying to move the clips back and forth on the PDR timeline to synchronize them, but gee, that's really tough. Too bad we can't select a clip (audio/video or just audio) and then move it incrementally with the arrow keys. That would make a nice improvement I think. But being able to add markers to audio clips in the ME would be best.

Cheers!
[Post New]
A doubt you tried to use Sync By Audio option.

Select 2 or more audio or video + audio files.

Button, Sync By Audio, if any coincidences in the audio waveform PD will sync perfectly. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Carl312
Senior Contributor Location: Texas, USA Joined: Mar 16, 2010 20:11 Messages: 9090 Offline
[Post New]
I'm afraid I don't understand the "color board" thing. Could you please run that by me again?

In PowerDirector media library on the first dropdown is Color Boards. Choose one and drag it in front of the Video (Track 1). That will move the video down the timeline by the length of the colorboard as set in Preferences > Editing for Image files.
It is a easy way to move the video on track 1 down the timeline.

""Color"
[Thumb - Where are color boards in PD13.png]
 Filename
Where are color boards in PD13.png
[Disk]
 Description
Color boards in PD 13
 Filesize
20 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1230 time(s)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 22. 2015 17:17

Carl312: Windows 10 64-bit 8 GB RAM,AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz,ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB,240GB SSD,two 1TB HDs.