Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
"Catastrophic error" when burning image to DVD
Janet [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 28, 2008 18:28 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
I own the Cyberlink DVD solutions, which includes PowerDirector Express NE, PowerProducer Gold and PowerDVD.

I've been trying to burn a DVD utilizing PProducer with Titles, Chapters, etc., from an Image created in PDirector but I keep getting the message "burning failed due to catastrophic error" when approx 45% of the "building/writing files" part of the burn process has completed.

I've tried changing hardware configurations to slower speeds, tried with and without "creating disc image and DVD folders" but it still won't work. Please help! I need to send family pictures to members who don't utilize computers. Appreciate your immediate response!
Mitchell [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 30, 2008 23:00 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
This is not the best option... but it is still an option.
When using PDirector and have done all your editing. when you click on the PRODUCE button don't burn a DVD select SAVE AS A FILE.
You can choose to save the file as MPEG2 or AVI and use any DVD burning software that you like.

It will save in the My works Folder.
Iwill attach a guide for you.
[Post New]
I have the same problem. I have jvc gz-hd7. Once all the editing is done, I try to make it into a dvd file and at 45% or 25 minutes everything quits. Is there a way to increase the amount of computer space allocated to Power director?