Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Multi-cam editor issues...anyone else?
Rex Oates
Newbie Location: Edmond, Oklahoma Joined: Aug 09, 2014 13:48 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Since upgrading to 13, my multicam designer has a propensity to crash when I'm doing shows that go about an hour or longer. Pretty frustrating when your at 1:20:00 in a 1:32:00 performance that you've taped with four different camera angles. And while it did work all the way through the second time through...it just happened again, about 40 minutes into a 52 minute long wedding ceremony.

It's really weird...it only happening to me on the longer (timewise) files. And before it goes completely down in flames, it will glitch to where a particular camera runs all the way to the end of all the footage loaded into the app. In other words, if I'm on Cam2, and it glitches...I've got 30 minutes of Cam2 shot on the screen. Now I go back to where I was and pick up the editing, and it becomes a real crapshoot as to whether it will glitch again, on a different camera, or will just crash altogether.

I really do like the multicam designer...when it works, it's awesome. But these crashes are becoming tedious and tiresome. "Love one another." -- JC
Rlumpy [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Tucson, AZ Joined: Mar 29, 2014 19:47 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I've thought several times when I got interrupted in the middle of a long multicam edit that it would be prudent to save the state of the editor so I wouldn't have to worry about crashing while I was away from the computer for a couple of hours. But, alas, there presently is no such function.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Rex Oates ,
Looks to me you could be maxing out your computer's resources and need to save the Multicam data before continuing.
1. In MultiCam Designer, chose OK
2. Media now presented in the Edit Workspace
3. Opt to save the project using Ctrl+Shift+S, to a new file name (001.pds for example)
4. You've now cleared the Temp memory of data and saved everything. You can shut down PDR13 or your computer if you wish to make sure everything is now cleared etc.
5. Open the pds file, PDR13 opens with your half finished project displaying in the tracks of the Edit Workspace.
6. Go to any of the clips in the track and right click on it,
7. Select in the dialogue box "Edit in MultiCam Designer" and select OK in the popup.
8. MultiCam Designer now appears and you can continue your recording - remember to move the slider to the start position first.

I hope the info helps.
Dafydd

[Thumb - SD-2013-02-1398.png]
 Filename
SD-2013-02-1398.png
[Disk]
 Description
MultiCam Designer restart
 Filesize
43 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
329 time(s)

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 09. 2015 06:10

Rex Oates
Newbie Location: Edmond, Oklahoma Joined: Aug 09, 2014 13:48 Messages: 22 Offline
[Post New]
Very cool. Thanks Dafydd. I did not realize that I could get back to the multicam editor with all the tracks intact....when I had chosen this method to save my work, I always went back to square 1 and synced them all up again, making sure I was on the same shot, etc...

While a simple "save" button would still be better, at least this will save a lot of headaches. Thanks again.... "Love one another." -- JC
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Rex Oates ,
I just hope the info I have given resolves the unwanted crashing for you. Let me know if it doesn't and please attach a diagnostic file (for a closer look at your PC's spec).

Dafydd
Rex Oates
[Post New]
What type of diagnostic file do you need and where do I find it? It's crashing more often now. While I'm saving a lot as a I go (using the different file name system you suggested above), and am making some progress, the crashes and glitches are still happening. "Love one another." -- JC
JR Daoust [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jun 04, 2012 11:09 Messages: 30 Offline
[Post New]
Hi I'm having the exact same problem in PowerDirector13 with the multicam designer as Rex. My movies are less than 4:00 long but my system is still crashing.

I have sent a ticket To PowerDirector, 7 days ago but they did not solve my problem yet. I'm using windows 7, 64bits,16gb of memory, six core AMD processor 3.30GHZ and NVIDIA.

Just wondering if someone solve that problem yet?

Thank You

Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi Rex Oates,
Info guide, check out Part A & B and E & F.
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40225.page
A diagnostic and a screenshot of the project insitu/Edit Workspace please.
Dafydd
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi JR Daoust ,
Please post as a new topic.

See what Rex is being asked and include it in your own NEW TOPIC. While issues look the same, the causes can be different and it is important to have members focus on the original posters (OP) issues rather than, in this case, yours. Don't worry members are keen to read and add to a new post, to help.

New post link: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/jforum.page?module=posts&action=insert&forum_id=146
Guides:
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40361.page
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40225.page
Dafydd
jbanderson [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 05, 2013 19:23 Messages: 15 Offline
[Post New]
I have been having exactly the same behavior that Rex Oates reported above: "And before it goes completely down in flames, it will glitch to where a particular camera runs all the way to the end of all the footage loaded into the app. In other words, if I'm on Cam2, and it glitches...I've got 30 minutes of Cam2 shot on the screen. Now I go back to where I was and pick up the editing, and it becomes a real crapshoot as to whether it will glitch again, on a different camera, or will just crash altogether."

I first saw it on a large project, so I tested it with 4 5-minute HD clips and found that it would record for a few seconds, but then suddenly jump to the end, filling in the remaining time with the current camera. I can move it back and continue. It only crashed a couple of times in of a 2 hour editing session, but the jump-to-the-end happened very frequently (it should have been a 15 minute session).

I installed the new 2907.1 patch, but the problem is still there.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
[Post New]
Hi jbanderson ,
Your issue is interesting and to assist you we'll need more information.

Please read the guides* at the beginning of the forum.
*ReadMe: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40361.page

Please re-post as a new topic and include more information. See the guides Part B, E, F & J: http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40225.page
1. Diagnostic data.
2. Screenshot of the edit workspace.
3. MediaInfo on ALL the media you are editing (video source files).

Thread lock.
Dafydd