Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
cyberlink powerdirector support is terrible!!
dugger66 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2014 10:39 Messages: 5 Offline
[Post New]
last summer, I purchased a new laptop that had PD10 preloaded. Out side of windows movie maker, this was my first experience with video editing. After watching many PD10 video's I became somewhat proficient in the use of PD10. During this process, PD10 developed issues that multiplied rendering the product all but useless to me. I sent emails to cyberlink trying to get to the root cause of the problem, but unfortunately, the problem(s) never were fixed or corrected. Each email I sent to Cyberlink begot more emails requested by them. I gave up and threw in the towel, attributing the lack of resolution to PD10 being a "free" and older version, not worth Cyberlinks time.

Last December, reluctantly, I purchased an online version of PD13. While I was more interested in going with a competitors product, the PD13 price was attractive and I thought the learning curve would be less. The download was straight forward enough, but once i started to use the product, I have been woefully disappointed. As of today, the PD13 freezes upon startup. Emails into cyber link take a long time to respond and only a provide a minimum of support information, So i have a product i purchased in December that will not work.

I am attempting a new download of PD 13 to see if that corrects the problem. I am hopeful it will. if not.. PD13 is getting tossed and i will move onto something that works consistently with real product support. My suggestion to any one reading this and thinking of using the power director family of products, the products are nice but support is horrible. I would appreciate the company providing better or more support rather then trying to sell me more Cyberlink products or telling me how great their company is.
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
dugger66,
welcome to the voluntter forum.
Sorry to hear of your woes, but you have come to the right place for help.
Follow this link... http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40225.page
Provide PART A and PART B for us, please.
You may wish to read some of the other parts of the list for your own benefit.
As members take a look at your machine's information they will try to provide a solution.
PowerDirector is great software, and perhaps some tiny issue is causing the troubles, we'll try to make the solution painless!
Good luck,
Barry HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
dugger66 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Barry,, Thanks for your reply. At this time, I attempting a new installation of PD13. As I stated earlier, hopefully this will correct the freezing at startup problem If it does not, then I am tired of wasting my time with this product. Your request of "dxdiag??" and the rest of the info is the same path that I went down last fall with Cyberlink. I have spent too much of my time and money to get this product to work. It is not worth it to me to expend any more of my resources on this family of software products.

If Cyberlink can not figure out why their product will freeze on startup while attempting to load their own file, "ballon.jpg" or from their own subdirectory, "samplefiles", then I am not sure I want to pursue further trouble analysis. (and by the way, per cyberlink {or some one playing Cyberlink}, I did rename this file and subdirectory. Too no avail.

if you or someone else you can think of another way to resolve the issue, i will listen, but again, I am not spending anymore of my time to fix Cyberlinks problems. There are too many other software products to move to.

Thanks again for your reply.

Dugger66
dugger66 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well finished the download. rebooted the laptop. fired up PD13 and still have the same problem, freezes on startup trying to load Cyberlink file "ballon.jpg" from Cyberlink subdirectory "samplefile".

Thanks for your time. but time to move on.
AntonStP [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 23, 2014 12:41 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Hi dugger66,

I had an issue with PD freesing on a clip playback on my notebook with Optimus technology.
You can find my solution here -
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/41722.page

BR,
--
Anton
[Post New]
If PD13 freezes on a certain computer, most likely any other video editing software will do the same. It's obviously not PD fault, since there are several thousands of users that have a functional PD13.
Especially after you said that PD10 was having issues after it did work initially - that's a dead give away of issues with the computer.

PS: Laptops are not meant to do video editing. Sorry for anybody who thinks otherwise, they are just wasting money and time.
[Post New]
dugger66 - Post your system specs (so we are sure your system has the GO to run PD 13 proper).

Also do you have some special Antivirus software running?
Win8.1 Pro x64 / Dual x5670 / 24GB / GTX960 4GB / 240GB SSD + 640GB HDD / PD13 Ultimate
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi dugger66, I had an issue with PD freesing on a clip playback on my notebook with Optimus technology.
You can find my solution here -
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/41722.page

BR,
-- Anton
Completely different issue. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
BarryTheCrab
[Post New]
It seems the OP has moved on, we can't help everyone. HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi dugger66,
Barry has asked for a diagnostic file and directed you to the guide on how to carry such procedure out - easy and simple for a competent editor. Please provide the information so members here can assist you speedily.

PDR10 issue:
You mentioned the pre-render issue you encountered with PowerDirector 10. This was indeed a problem for many editors and I posted a solution CyberLink gave in the PDR10 forum: Updates PowerDirector 10 to build 3625 - preview rendering fix
The cause of the problem was a change/update of the Nvidia drivers.

I hope you're able to read the reply and give the diagnostic file asap.

Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 05. 2015 04:26