Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
GTX-960 ?
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
Aldoxide - That is how fade works. It is a Fade in or fade out when on separate tracks. If the Title and video are on separate tracks, you need to add the Fade to end of Title AND add it to beginning of video.

If the Title and video are on the SAME Track, you add the Fade transition between the the Title and video. You will get a nice CROSS fade. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
[Post New]
The video underneath is continuous... and on the same track is not what Im referring 4790K / Asus Z97i-Plus / 16gb (2-8gb)crucial @1866 Mhz / Samsung ssd 840 pro 250gb / Samsung 850 evo 250gb M.2 / 2-4tb HGST 7200rpm raid 1 / Nvidia GTX 1070 founders) / corsair RM650 PS / LG BD-RE
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Sorry to chime in on a side issue, because I'm not sure this relates to the GTX 960 at all. The PC I'm on has a poor little GTX 260 (which, to its detractors, is still pumping out videos at a rate of knots).

Aldoxide - when you had the issue with those titles, did your timeline look something like the attached screenshot?

I'm unsure why you'd need a fade transition because (in both cases) the animation fades in and out and the text has a starting effect (Unite). i.e. a transition would be redundant

There is a flaw, I believe, with the way those two templates are formatted. In both the ones you mentioned, the text ending effect is about one frame by default. That would account for the sudden finish.

I rendered the two little sections with the titles - with no fade transitions applied. That's attached too. I know it's not a proper test because there's no GTX 960 variable.

Cheers - Tony
[Thumb - Titles over Video.png]
 Filename
Titles over Video.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
174 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
149 time(s)
 Filename
Wedding Titles.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
2381 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
268 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
jerryd2558 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 03, 2011 19:50 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: The cipset manufacturer is nVidia and number is "GTX960".
Basically the cards differ by number of fans (and possible the fans quality), and if they are factory overclocked or not...
For example mine is made by EVGA - got it because it had 2 fans, I like their fans (ball bearings as opposed to sleeve bearings) and... it had a $10 rebate.

But all the cards are close in gaming performances, and purely for our video editing purposes they are essentially identical.

Question for you: does your motherboard have PCI Express 3.0?
[Post New]
Quote: Question for you: does your motherboard have PCI Express 3.0?

Nope, is 2.0 (X58 chipset). 3.0 is not needed, any PCI Express 3.0 video card is backwards compatible with previous versions of PCI Express motherboards.
In my case, the performance is not affected at all, I have 8GB/s (per each x16 connector), more than this card needs.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 14. 2015 09:05

jerryd2558 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, mine is X58 also.
[Post New]
Ynotfish

I have to look at the samples from a computer... currently at mobile. But yes there is really no need for the fade at the biginning... they were used mostly at the end. The same issue can be replicated with other tittles... those just happened to be last ones I tried using.

Question: were you able to replicate the issue though? 4790K / Asus Z97i-Plus / 16gb (2-8gb)crucial @1866 Mhz / Samsung ssd 840 pro 250gb / Samsung 850 evo 250gb M.2 / 2-4tb HGST 7200rpm raid 1 / Nvidia GTX 1070 founders) / corsair RM650 PS / LG BD-RE
Eldor
Member Location: Montreal, Canada Joined: Feb 27, 2015 10:13 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
Just reporting in, that after upgrading my GPU to a GTX 960 and my working drives to 2TB 7200rpm (WD Black), and with shadow files turned off, my home computer can now edit Multicam stuff without any apparent problems.

Thanks guys!
[Post New]
Quote: Question: were you able to replicate the issue though?

I am not able to replicate the issue.
if interested, you could make a project using the "boats.wmv" video and post the project file (.pds) here for testing.
Quote: Just reporting in, that after upgrading my GPU to a GTX 960 and my working drives to 2TB 7200rpm (WD Black), and with shadow files turned off, my home computer can now edit Multicam stuff without any apparent problems.
Thanks guys!

Thanks for posting the feed-back here.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 15. 2015 14:32

[Post New]
ynotfish

I saw the files you posted and YES that is the manner that the transition was used... I should also point out that the files were exported as ISO for dvd using the preset (2d 480i standard deff).

I'm not able to replicate the issue now as I returned the card. 4790K / Asus Z97i-Plus / 16gb (2-8gb)crucial @1866 Mhz / Samsung ssd 840 pro 250gb / Samsung 850 evo 250gb M.2 / 2-4tb HGST 7200rpm raid 1 / Nvidia GTX 1070 founders) / corsair RM650 PS / LG BD-RE
TheShireHobbit [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 16, 2015 22:42 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
Recently downloaded PD 13 - my first attempt was a edit using the Easy Editor Action template.

It all goes well until the last couple of frames where I get around 5 seconds of blank screen between the end of the last picture on the second last slide and the opening pic of the last slide!

The settings are now different from the previous slides which all roll seamlessly into each other.

Anyone have any ideas on what I am doing wrong?
[Post New]
How is that related to GTX 960?
jerryd2558 [Avatar]
[Post New]
My PC specs are: Intel I7 950 3.06 GHz, 12 GB ram, EVGA GeForce 9500 GT. Would I have significant timeline playback smoothness if I went to a GTX 960?
Eldor
Member Location: Montreal, Canada Joined: Feb 27, 2015 10:13 Messages: 112 Offline
[Post New]
Jerry,

Are you kidding? Your video editing is going to FLY!!!!!!

I had a significantly faster graphics card than you have, and with it was not able to do multicam editing. The video would freeze and the audio would continue. Drove me crazy. Then the kind folks here helped me figure out the culprit was the video card.

I upgraded to the GTX 960 and I'm a happy camper now!

Just for giggles, take a look at this comparison between your current card and the GTX 960:

(Darn, the new forum software here seems to be broken when trying to insert a link. I've been trying half a dozen times now. So go to www.videocardbenchmark.net and at the bottom you'll see the ability to search for a graphics card. Search for yours, click compare, then search for the 960 and click compare. Then on the right hand side of the screen click the button to compare those video cards. The card you have gets a mark of 290 and the GTX 960 gets 6015!!!!!!)

http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/compare.php?cmp[]=1304&cmp[]=3114

Cheers!

Eldor

Quote: My PC specs are: Intel I7 950 3.06 GHz, 12 GB ram, EVGA GeForce 9500 GT. Would I have significant timeline playback smoothness if I went to a GTX 960?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 17. 2015 11:19

jerryd2558 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for input!
Myk
Senior Member Location: The Hartland of Michigan Joined: Feb 05, 2015 16:09 Messages: 205 Offline
[Post New]
There is a new driver set just released for the GTX960 by Nvidia. Version 347.88 .
Never, under any circumstances, combine a laxative and sleeping pill on the same night.

PowerSpec G310
ASRock Extreme 6 A85X
AMD A10 6800K Quad Core Processor 4.1GHz
16GB DDR3-1600 RAM
EVGA GTX960 Super OC GPU
Windows 7 Pro