Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
DVD Burn problems
Keith R [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 04, 2014 12:21 Messages: 26 Offline
[Post New]
Hi All,
I'm new to PD13 but I am getting used to it's quirks. I am quite good at Pinnacle Studio and this is supposed to be better. It isn't and has just different funnies which I guess that all digital video editors have. O.K. so now I've managed to edit some video footage and I would like to burn a DVD. I used a brand new DVD -RW disc in case of problems. It gets to around 92% and then says "Burning unsuccessful. Error code:e001000D and repeats the same code again.

I then tried different footage but got the same results. I did try producing the video as an Mpeg 2 file, and it actually burns but the picture quality is bad, really bad. If I just play the same Mpeg 2 file as it is on the pc, then it looks good. What am I doing wrong?? Please help! Thanks very much.

Keith R Keith R
[Post New]
PD13 has the option to save DVD_Video Folder (VIDEO_TS) or save to ISO image file, in this case must use another sofware to burn DVD disc.
Note: That the DVD to fit on the disk, bristle 1 hour for best quality "HQ".
If the original video is progressive, PD will convert to Interlaced to create DVD-Video, automatically.
Also if the video does not fit on the disc and use the Smart Fit option AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Keith R [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for that, but I am trying just short movies for now and I've set it for HQ and the picture quality is aweful to say the least. Keith R
ssjjsd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2013 09:12 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi All,
I'm new to PD13 but I am getting used to it's quirks. I am quite good at Pinnacle Studio and this is supposed to be better. It isn't and has just different funnies which I guess that all digital video editors have. O.K. so now I've managed to edit some video footage and I would like to burn a DVD. I used a brand new DVD -RW disc in case of problems. It gets to around 92% and then says "Burning unsuccessful. Error code:e001000D and repeats the same code again.

I then tried different footage but got the same results. I did try producing the video as an Mpeg 2 file, and it actually burns but the picture quality is bad, really bad. If I just play the same Mpeg 2 file as it is on the pc, then it looks good. What am I doing wrong?? Please help! Thanks very much.

Keith R

Dunno about the error code but I can (and so can many others) confirm that the Mpeg 2 quality using any version of PD is abysmal, presumably something to do with Mpeg 2 compression. Windows Movie Maker is better quality. Smart Fit seems to be the issue in my case but I've had very little assistance from Cyberlink and when I have tested all the various alternatives, I will be junking PD for good, unless Cyberlink pull their finger out and sort it.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
ssjjsd:

Re: Smart fit. Never use that and never try to put more than one hour of video on a single layer disc for best quality.

Smart fit USUALLY overdoes the lowering of the bit rate. If you look at a DVD burned with Smartfit, you will see that the bit rate will be low and that you would usually have a lot of free space on that disc. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
ssjjsd [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 17, 2013 09:12 Messages: 19 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: ssjjsd:

Re: Smart fit. Never use that and never try to put more than one hour of video on a single layer disc for best quality.

Smart fit USUALLY overdoes the lowering of the bit rate. If you look at a DVD burned with Smartfit, you will see that the bit rate will be low and that you would usually have a lot of free space on that disc.

Thank you for your response. I use smart fit to squeeze just over 60 minutes of sports footage onto 4.7GB DVDs and Blue Ray. On the Blue Ray setting it says 24201/24202 MB so i would assume that is upscaling as the total footage is about 12GB. On the DVD smart fit option it says 4699/4700 MB, so it is trying to squeeze the maximum amount onto the disk it is just awful quality compared to 4.7GB of MP4. I have also tried creating 4.7MB of Mpeg2 and that is better quality than the burned disk, so it is the disk production that seems to be the problem.

I have posted this issue in a different thread but got very little help except from a professional Adobe user who said that he had the same problems so asked for a refund.
Keith R [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for the extra replies. I think that whoever said that PD was better than Pinnacle or Premier has never used these editors. The PD instructions in the help menu are also too vague. If you can't burn an edited movie directly to a disc then the program is just plain wrong. If you have to first render it as another file like an MP2, then it just wastes time.

Just a question please. I shot my video originally on a Canon SX 600 still camera with full HD video, so I would guess that to see it like the original file on the pc, I would need to burn it to a Blue Ray disc. Am I right?? Can a standard DVD only use MP2 on it? Thanks

Keith R Keith R
Longedge [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Apr 28, 2011 15:38 Messages: 1504 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I think that whoever said that PD was better than Pinnacle or Premier has never used these editors.

I stand corrected if I'm wrong but I've never seen that said in this forum.

I have used all 3 and had problems with all 3 and another well known one besides but for the time being PD is my choice i.e. the one that causes me least problems. Of all the things we do with our computers, video editing is, I believe, by far the most demanding of the hardware. I've always said that I wish I had a spare £20,000.00 or so lying around so I could buy a dedicated video production system (after I'd spent the same first on a camera and a couple of mics.) but I haven't so I can't.
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for the extra replies. I think that whoever said that PD was better than Pinnacle or Premier has never used these editors. The PD instructions in the help menu are also too vague. If you can't burn an edited movie directly to a disc then the program is just plain wrong. If you have to first render it as another file like an MP2, then it just wastes time.

Just a question please. I shot my video originally on a Canon SX 600 still camera with full HD video, so I would guess that to see it like the original file on the pc, I would need to burn it to a Blue Ray disc. Am I right?? Can a standard DVD only use MP2 on it? Thanks

Keith R

Keith; All standard quality (720 by 480) definition DVDs are mpg2. You can convert them as you burn them rather than pre convert. By burning them to an image file you can quickly review them on your computer before you burn them and have someone complaint that they don't work or skip or other issues.

High definition discs can be AVCHD or MPG2HD. AVCHD discs are standard discs with about 40 minutes of high definition video burned on to them. You must have a player that will play AVCHD. Blu ray discs can be AVCHD (H264) or mpg2 but you need the discs, the burners and a player for blu ray.

Your Canon may take video in MOV or AVCHD; I could not find that quickly. The video need to be converted. Even the AVCHD video probably needs some adjustment.

Remember that you can always make a high definition movie and put it on a thumb drive or a portable hard drive to play if you want high definition video .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Keith R [Avatar]
[Post New]
Longedge: I Googled best home digital editor system and came up with the usual "Top 10" etc. Quiet a few of the articles stated that PD13 was better than Premier, or Pinnacle and that's why I bought it. I actually downloaded it because I could not find it here in South Africa. It is a powerful program and has some wonderful features and many pre-made titles and menu's etc. but mostly I don't use other peoples pre-made stuff and prefer to create my own. I have a background in pro-video from the old Betacam days of linear editing, and I was taught by some vey good editors not to use a lot of fancy effects. I was also told to just watch how the pro's do it, and that is a fact for sure. Hmmm.....I would also love a serious camera and some decent mics plus a mixer!

Stevek: Thanks for the info on the formats. I need to buy a dedicated digital video camera or a good quality digital SLR camera with HD video, just for the nice lenses that are available. What is bugging me to death right now more than this DVD burning issue, is the jerky or strobing movement on moving objects. I flim model airplanes a lot and I'm always trying to get around this problem. I notice also that it gets worse if I use an incorrect editing format. I would love to know what the real pro camera's are doing to lessen this effect.

The problem that I started with on this thread seems like a bug in the PD13 system because I cannot burn any program directly without getting the error. If I then render it again as another file type then it burns to DVD. Keith R
stevek
[Post New]
Power Director does not give you enough stabilization?

I often use action camcorders so I am familiar with jerky camera movements. Download the limited functionality trial of Prodrenlyn from ProDad and run one of your videos through it. See if you can get rid of shakiness and other nasties (lense correction in some cases). I use it on my ION camcorder videos.. I usually don't need to use it on my sunglass type camcorder (my head is not shaky).

Comment - Don;t spend a lot of money on high tech equipment unless you are going professional. I get very good videos from what I have. I seldom use my 3D Sony camcorder unless I really want 3D and am going to use a tripod.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 23. 2015 09:58