Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Audip Phase Reversal
jerryd2558 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Jul 03, 2011 19:50 Messages: 60 Offline
[Post New]
I have a peculiar situation wherein I create an MP4 to upload to Vimeo. When someone tries to watch the video on Vimeo using their cell phone, the video plays fine, but no audio. I have traced the problem to my original AVCHD file. It has a stereo track, (actually a two track mono) but the tracks are out of phase. When played back on a stereo device, no problem. When played back on a mono device, no sound. I know I could invert one of the tracks in an audio editor, but that would be time consuming as the video ofter runs almost 2 hours. My question is, when I produce the mp4 in PowerDirector 13, is there anyway I can solve the phase cancellation problem?
[Post New]
Quote: I have a peculiar situation wherein I create an MP4 to upload to Vimeo. When someone tries to watch the video on Vimeo using their cell phone, the video plays fine, but no audio. I have traced the problem to my original AVCHD file. It has a stereo track, (actually a two track mono) but the tracks are out of phase. When played back on a stereo device, no problem. When played back on a mono device, no sound. I know I could invert one of the tracks in an audio editor, but that would be time consuming as the video ofter runs almost 2 hours. My question is, when I produce the mp4 in PowerDirector 13, is there anyway I can solve the phase cancellation problem?

Strange, the audio is out of phase.
My suggestion for your case, open the audio in WaveEditor, copy a channel to the other, so will the two identical channels.
View this clip how to do this http://youtu.be/WLpQGbKcrM8 AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
jerryd2558 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your suggestion. If I have to take that approach, there is actually an easier way. Audacity has an inverter that will do the job quicker and easier. Do you know of a plugin for WaveDirector that will invert one of the channels?
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks for your suggestion. If I have to take that approach, there is actually an easier way. Audacity has an inverter that will do the job quicker and easier. Do you know of a plugin for WaveDirector that will invert one of the channels?

I do not know tool, audio Reverse phase in PD, WE and AudioEditor.
If you have your project saved in a video file the process is faster if the video will link SVRT, will only render the audio. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
jerryd2558 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks, I'll try SVRT.
jerryd2558 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Yes PlaySound, that worked. It only took a couple of minutes to re-encode. Thanks for the tip. Now, if I can just figure out why the two tracks are out of phase at my source, I will be ahead of the game.