Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No Audio when Previewing Clip
dchin7991 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Feb 15, 2015 22:27 Messages: 3 Offline
[Post New]
This feature used to work. Whenever I play an imported clip back in PD13, the video plays back fine, but there is no audio. My volume is up, and system sounds are working. The videos are basic mp4 files right from my Canon camcorder. I had no problems until recently... I don't recall any updates, audio playback just stopped one day.
I tried uninstalling PD13 and reinstalling, but still nothing.
I try dragging the clip into the timeline and play back, but still no audio.

Any ideas?
Dower
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Do you have audio when you play PDR13's sample video Boats.wmv?

Dafydd
dchin7991 [Avatar]
[Post New]
No, there was no sound from the Boats.wmv. It just seems PD13 just stopped playing sound for anything...
[Post New]
Quote: No, there was no sound from the Boats.wmv. It just seems PD13 just stopped playing sound for anything...

Note the box next to the speaker to this unchecked, and also the line and wave audio is in place.
see image.

[Thumb - audiovolume.jpg]
 Filename
audiovolume.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
30 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
5496 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 16. 2015 09:59

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
dchin7991 [Avatar]
[Post New]
It took me a bit of fooling around, but I found my problem... So, the overall issue was there was NO sound from PowerDirector 13, looking at clips in the Media Room and clips in the timeline would not play sound.
I finally figured out that the volume for PowerDirector in the Windows Mixer was muted... I'm not even sure how that happened.
I've attached a snapshot of my Windows Volume Mixer, and I highlighted the muted PowerDirector... Once I unmuted the application, it was fine.

[Thumb - sound.PNG]
 Filename
sound.PNG
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
22 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
1159 time(s)
JL_JL [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Location: Arizona, USA Joined: Oct 01, 2006 20:01 Messages: 6091 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: I finally figured out that the volume for PowerDirector in the Windows Mixer was muted... I'm not even sure how that happened.

My guess, you actually muted the audio in PD which will show up in the Mixer as well. Unmuting in either location would correct.

Jeff
[Thumb - mute.png]
 Filename
mute.png
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
22 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
558 time(s)
stevek
Senior Contributor Location: Houston, Texas USA Joined: Jan 25, 2011 12:18 Messages: 4663 Offline
[Post New]
I'm glad that you found the problem. I was going to guess that the preview was set to non-real time !. .
BoilerPlate: To posters who ask for help -- it is nice to thank the volunteers who try to answer your questions !
Anything I post unless stated with a reference is my personal opinion.
[Post New]
I had the same problem and also found the sound muted in the windows mixer. I have no idea however, how this happened. Have been using this software a great deal and hasn't happened before. Thanks for this forum for pointing me in the right direction so quickly Intel i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, Windows 8.1 Pro, 64 bit, 16Gb RAM, Roland Octa-Capture audio, Sony HVR V1P Video Camera
PriMa77 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Mar 23, 2015 13:50 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
I have same problem, but audio is not muted.

But only captured files doest have preview sound (it had sound when I first run).
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Hi PRIMOZ,
Please start your own new topic rather than add to a resolved similar issue the OP had.

Thread closed.

Dafydd