Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Changing location of photos
Paul33 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 29, 2015 10:05 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Hi,

I am currently using version 3 of this app which I got for free with PowerDVD and I am thinking of updating to the latest version
However, I have one concern, or possibly I am not doing things right

How do you move photos to a new location (when I imported I kept in original location, which is pictures folder on C drive), say for example I want to move all photos from my C drive to an external

If I manually move a photo to a new location in File Explorer, next time I start Photo Director it rightfully says it cant find the photo and then asks me to locate it, the problem is that it then just adds it as a new photo and deletes all my editing from it.

How does the latest version handle this, is it possible to move photos to a new location and keep all the editing that has been done on them

Thanks

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 05. 2015 07:52

[Post New]
Hello Paul33,

It's been a good while since I used PhD3, so I cannot remember that behaviour (i.e. loss of editing), but I can tell you that, in PhD6 this is what occurs:

1. Open project & edit/adjust photos without exporting.
2. Close project
3. Manually relocate original photos on external drive
4. Re-open project - missing photos prompt
5. Navigate to new file location (apply to all if the whole folder has been moved)
6. Project is restored, including all editing and adjustments made previously.

You would understand that adjustments are not applied to the original photos. They're recorded in the project file (.pds) and only applied when you export the new photo.

PIX
PIX YouTube channel
Paul33 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 29, 2015 10:05 Messages: 7 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks for the reply, that was what I was hoping the answer would be

In version 3 after I have done step 5 of what you mention, the photo is restored but it is the version straight from the disk (all editing has been lost), so good to here that is not the case in the newer version

Understand that changes are not applied to the original after editing, unless you specifically tell it to, I prefer this way as I can make many changes and try various things out with my pictures with affecting anything, then when happy just do an export to a new file

Thanks again for the info