Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Close a multi-session Disc
Chaitanya [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 24, 2008 12:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I have Cybelink DVD Delux that came pre installed with the Laptop. I have burnt many Data DVD Discs. But now the DVD cannot be read on other drives. I want to close the disc so that it can be readable on other DVD-ROMs. can anyone tell me how this is done?
Mike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2007 19:22 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
When you close or "Finalize" a DVD, you can't add any more files. This option should be in the "Options". On mine, it's in the "burning" tab as an option that you check. "Close disc: Checking this option write-protects the disc. No further data can be appended to the disc after the current burning session."

When you add files to a disc that already had something on it, you create a "multisession" disc.

The problem with "Multisession" discs/DVD's regardless of whether or not they are finalized or closed, is that not all DVD players will recognize them because they are multisession. The only way to find out is try the disc or read the owners manual for player.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Oct 25. 2008 00:18

Chaitanya [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 24, 2008 12:23 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanx for the tip Mike.

My problem is that I cant even add data to my DVD even though it is multi session and not closed. i dont see that option too.

Also I had the DVD Open and now want to close it. But the Power 2 go Software does not recognise the DVD as a Writable multisession disc even though it was Burnt using the same software same version on the same Drive.
Mike [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 23, 2007 19:22 Messages: 25 Offline
[Post New]
If you can't add more data or close (finalize) the DVD, then maybe it's all ready closed????? Like I said, not all DVD players can read mutisession DVD discs..........regardless of being closed.

One way around your problem is to copy all the files on the DVD to your computer's hard drive and then make another DVD with the same files all at once and close it.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 28. 2008 00:41