Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
how to "drag" a text box in title menu (without having to resize)
[Post New]
I have been a power director user for more than 10 years. Last year I subscribed to the "live" subscription service and I really do like it. However I recently upgraded from version 12 to 13 thru the cyberlink application manager. There are some differences from version 12 and one is that I can't seem to drag a text box from one location to another when in menu designer. It just wants to resize the text box and font size when I try to drag it. I apologize if this has been covered, but searching is driving me nuts. Land of fieros, North Dakota USA
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Hi ro22tol -

That sounds like you're in Title Designer - not Menu Designer

In Title Designer, you can resize the text by dragging the corner handles... or move it by grabbing the edge of the text box.

In Menu Designer, you can't resize text in the same way. If you click & drag in or on the text box it will move to where you drop it.

Maybe I've misunderstood.

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
[Post New]
You are correct, I am in title designer (not menu) I simply want to move the text box from one location to another. In the past I was able to click on the box, then drag it another location. Now when I try and move the box it enlarges and resizes the text. I want to move with out resizing. It takes several moves of each side of the box to get it sized and moved correctly. In the past I could just click and drag the text box. If I grab the corner of the box and try and move it will enlarge the box. If I grab the side of the box, it does the same thing, it make the box larger too.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 24. 2015 19:37

Land of fieros, North Dakota USA
[Post New]
Ok I have played around with it a little more and have some more information. It appears that the title designers that I was using were custom ones that I had saved prior to upgrading to PD13. When I tried the new "new blue title pro" it does allow me to move the text box by grabbing the side of the box. Now I just have to figure out how to use the new blue title pro......

also just figured out that you cant click on one of the white dots. To drag the text box you click on an area between the dots...

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 24. 2015 20:17

Land of fieros, North Dakota USA
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
The way you move the text box in NewBlue Titler Pro is exactly the same way you move it in Title Designer. It works like that in ALL titles - standard, customised & downloaded.

Hover over the edge of the text box till the cross hairs appear - then click & drag.

Take a look at the attached screen capture.

Cheers - Tony
 Filename
Text Box Move.wmv
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
1741 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
205 time(s)

Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!