Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
SVRT works in PD8, not PD13 on file PRODUCED in PD13 (when creating disc)
HansR [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Allen, TX Joined: Jan 15, 2015 16:07 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Used PD8 for years for HD-AVC/H.264 video editing and mostly really liked it, especially the quality preservation with SVRT (to me, even more important than the speed gain).

Pulling my head out on a project today. I edited several large (multi-Gig) segments extensively in PD13 and then produced to a single M2TS file. Ultimately making a Blu-Ray, but my practice is to produce a final, single file first before I do the disc creation part. Works better for me.

Begin Disc Creation with produced file. 20% into the render (roughly a 20GB project, with motion menus), it would kick down from SVRT to HA without SVRT. I can easily see it because the encoding progress suddenly slows down dramatically and all 8 threads on my i7-920 start getting pegged simultaneously as it recodes. More than anything, I did not want to lose any quality to recode as these various source files had already had a couple generations of encode. Tried it and retried it multiple ways and every time the same result at the same point.

Then, for grins, I loaded that final, single file produced in PD13 into PD-8 and ran the same disc creation to the same profile and voila - it SVRT'd the whole way through. I can also try to PRODUCE the file instead, yet again in PD13 and it will SVRT. Something allows PD13 to SVRT on the same file in PRODUCE but not DISC CREATION.

Both the produce profile and disk creation profiles are:
1920x1080 60i, H.264 M2Ts. Beyond that, there are, of course, a number of options in the PRODUCE profiles not available when creating a disc. I used the defaults PD came with.

What's particularly odd about this is that the File I am trying to use for disc creation, that WILL SVRT in PD8 but not in PD13, was Produced in PD13 to begin with.....

Any ideas???

I did find where Dafydd talked about incorporating older profiles in the profile.ini file for producing files when SVRT stopped working in a newer release (old post). Wondering if there is a similar config file for disc creation that can be tweaked?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 23. 2015 03:58

Hans R
i7-920, 12GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 780
Windows 7 64bit
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
There is a debate on : http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/40255.page you might want to work through.
Dafydd
HansR [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Allen, TX Joined: Jan 15, 2015 16:07 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Dafydd. Reading through it now....will probably understand the constraints and options well when finished and will post anything additional on this topic there.

On a more basic level, it would indeed be great if they allowed disc creation profiles (especially on Blu Ray) to line up better with PRODUCE profiles. Quality and time. Or if nothing else, on really high Bit rate profile that would SVRT any compliant file under that bit rate.

SVRT is an incredibly compelling and advantageous feature to this program. It is well implemented and flexible in PRODUCE but fairly hamstrung in DISC CREATION.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 23. 2015 16:23

Hans R
i7-920, 12GB DDR3, GeForce GTX 780
Windows 7 64bit