Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Power Director 12 to 13
Badge#0885 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 18, 2013 15:41 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
About a week ago I purchased and installed Power Director 13. After using it for a few days I found it to be slow and clunky at best. Everything I did took 20 to 30 seconds. There were even times the program appeared to completely lock up and I would have to exit program via task manager. As I was working on a project I did not have time to figure out the problem I was having so I went back to Power Director 12. To my surprise every PDS project I attempted to open I would get a message that Power Director 12 could not open project because it was created with a newer version of Power Director. Some of the projects I tried to open were older projects, projects that I never opened in Power Director 13 so that were never saved with a newer version and still received message. As a test I started a new project with Power Director 12 saved it in and exited program. When I attempted to open the project again I received the same message that the project was created with a newer version of Power Director and it could not be opened with the Power Director 12. Please help.
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
I cant replicate.

I have created a new project in PDR12 by dragging the wmv file into the track and selecting Save project as.
1. I selected the saved pds and double clicked on it to open - Project opened in PDR13, the default route. I closed PDR13 without saving.
2. I right clicked on the pds and selected "open with...." and selected PDR12, Project opened fine.

Note: Where you have opened a PDR12 project in 13 and then saved it you are right, the project is now classed as PDR13's. However if you'd selected Save Project As... and saved to a new named file each time, only the newly saved files are PDR13's. You may have a recover route, look in PDR12's AutoSave folder and you might have the (AutoSaved) PDR12 project files still present..
Local address (contains hidden folders): C:\Users\Badge's computer name here\AppData\Roaming\CyberLink\PowerDirector\12.0\AutoSave
Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 22. 2015 12:59

karaokestar [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Calgary Joined: Aug 03, 2014 22:20 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Which is the best to buy Power Director 12 or 13.
Hssr2011 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 06, 2013 00:34 Messages: 11 Offline
[Post New]
I can tell you this. I was very enthusiastic when DP13 came out, but after using it, felt miserable. Very slow in these areas.
1) Opening the project.
2) Becomes totally unresponsive when using Video slowdown and finally your way out is task manager.
3) Moving between Edit and Create disk was a night mare
4) Project files from PD13 is not backward compatible.

So went back to PD12. I recommend PD12, as it does not have any of the above issues.
rbbm12 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: May 22, 2016 19:10 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
hey look im trying really f'ing hard to keep my composure here i am extremely upset ande cannot get ahold of anybody in charge it all has some stupid ass block and all i need is for this compant to contact me immediately as the product that they sent me is wrecking my computer so please can you pass along this info and have someone anybody in chaqrge det ahold of me email me at : rbm161012@hotmail.com