Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Upgrading from v11 to v12..how to do it??
Viajerozz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Sep 16, 2011 09:12 Messages: 35 Offline
[Post New]
I am sure this question has been asked before but please indulge me. I have spent an hour trying to find the answer to this. I have just upgraded from PowerDirector v 11 to v12..when I installed version 12 it did not see the already installed version 11 I had on the machine..however I was able to input the CD Key or activation key and version 12 installed ok. However, it installed alonside version 11 and did not delete it (as any good install program should) My question, if I delete now version 11 what happens to all my Content Packs or Holiday packs? Are the Packs I had for version 11 even useful for version 12?? The install info on the site is useless so any help would be appreciated. Should I go ahead and uninstall version 11?
[Post New]
Quote: I am sure this question has been asked before but please indulge me. I have spent an hour trying to find the answer to this. I have just upgraded from PowerDirector v 11 to v12..when I installed version 12 it did not see the already installed version 11 I had on the machine..however I was able to input the CD Key or activation key and version 12 installed ok. However, it installed alonside version 11 and did not delete it (as any good install program should) My question, if I delete now version 11 what happens to all my Content Packs or Holiday packs? Are the Packs I had for version 11 even useful for version 12?? The install info on the site is useless so any help would be appreciated. Should I go ahead and uninstall version 11?

First think you should upgrade to PD.v13 version that has more innovation, I think is to negotiate it in shopping store.

The uninstallation do not worry, all the effects packets are installed, your personal effects as well.

You can uninstall the 2 etentiales and Premium packages PD11, because PD12 already comes with the same 2 upgraded, check to confirm, may have changed something. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
Viajerozz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks for your reply! However, comparing the version 11 with the version 12, I see that version 11 came with a "Romance" pack and version 12 did not. Can I reuse the Romance pack after I delete the version 11 from my machine? How?? Do I reinstall it in version 12? How??

I decided not to get version 13 after reading all the negative comments about it in the forum. And this terrible upgrade method does not inspire me to get version 13 as I want to keep especially the Travel pack.

Thanks for any additional help.
Viajerozz [Avatar]
[Post New]
For example, when I open PD v11 and look at the Movie Magic Wizard, and look at the various Style selections, I see Romance and Romance 2 as style options but when I open PD v12 and look at Movie Magic Wizard I see those style options are no longer there.

I can see that all the PD versions of these various Content Packs are stored in c:\Program Files (x86)\Cyberlink\templates where I have three different versions of PowerDirectors but how do I import the templates of one version into the newer version of PD?? It doesnt seem to happen automatially. Help?
[Post New]
Effects packages remain on your PC. if you need or want to reinstall all right.

Note that the package is listed in the Windows Control Panel, Programs and Features

PD13 had many problems but, most already been fixed, I had PD12 and PD13 on the same PC until a few days ago.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 21. 2015 17:43

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
Viajerozz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks but my question was "how" do I reinstall or import the previous packages into the newest version of PD..I know they are there. Thanks
[Post New]
Quote: Thanks but my question was "how" do I reinstall or import the previous packages into the newest version of PD..I know they are there. Thanks

The effects packages are executable files that you receive as a bonus or purchased.

If you have the file, just take 2 clic on it to install

If you did not save these files I do not know exactly what to do, talves support Cyberlink, or store you bought can help you sending new files.

http://www.cyberlink.com/support/contact-support.jsp

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 21. 2015 20:19

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
Viajerozz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Ok, thanks. That sort of answers my question then. In other words, when you install an upgrade it does not automatically import the Content packs from prior versions of PD that are already on your machine. You must reinstall the previous content packs of the prior versions by executing them again. I will try that, thanks. Is there any place anywhere on the Cyberlink support site that talks about how to upgrade from one version to another?? What a guessing game!!
[Post New]
I think there is a misunderstanding here.

I said do not have to install the effects packages again.

New PD. will add everything that had packages + personal effects you had on your PC automatically.

When you buy PD, get 2, 3 or more executables files, normal to install only those. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
Viajerozz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Thanks. Yes, we got lost somewhere. Apparently, then, the new version of PD 12 SHOULD have seen and integrated the prior Romance Pack that was in the prior installed PD version 11 but did not.

As I stated before, the Romance pack is installed correctly and appears correctly when you use the Movie Magic Wizard in version 11 but does not appear in version 12.

Is there any way to get version 12 to recognize and use the Romance Pack that was installed correctly in version 11 and is still on the computer?
Viajerozz [Avatar]
[Post New]
Never mind, thanks for your help but I just talked to Cyberlink support and their answer was: There is no guarantee at all that any prior content packs you have or purchased will work with any new upgraded version of PD. In other words, the content pack I have in version 11 "Romance" will not work with my PD version 12, and if I decide I might want to upgrade to PD version 13, maybe you keep your content packs and maybe you don't. Seems like a weird way to incentivize me to upgrade. Thanks anyway.
[Post New]
PD sometimes happens inesplicaveis things, I can not guarantee that all packages and effects will work perfectly even because I hardly use.
If not appear effects of any package, it costs you try to reinstall, can resolve.
You can visit the page Cyberlink effect package and check that PD versions it is recommended.
http://directorzone.cyberlink.com/store/storeMenu.jsp
see capture of Magic Style showing here in PD13.
If you want esperimentar PD13, download the trial version.
[Thumb - styles-pd13.jpg]
 Filename
styles-pd13.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
377 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
41 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 26. 2015 11:13

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3