Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
When dowloading certain PIP's, not being displayed in PD
RonO2015 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Aug 25, 2012 11:20 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
When downloading particles, PIP objects, Titles.... from DirectorZone. At the end of the download and install process, a message says "the transition has been installed and is ready to be used"

BUT it's not always true. The PIP doesn't appear in the tag downloaded sections. Some do and some don't . I have the latest patch for PD, and have tried to used different browers. ( firefox, Chrome).

I have downloaded the file and then go to my download directory and click on it and also installed it from the download prompt.

Any suggestions?

Thanks RonO
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
ronoo,
welcome to this great forum.
Your "issue" is most likely due to the fact that when downloading from the D-Zone any effects that are 4:3 will only appear in the library when PowerDirector is in 4:3 mode. Same for 16:9, they will only appear in 16:9 mode. If you have any more questions, please ask, someone here will help!
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
RonO2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
I have checked the ratio to be sure that I was using the correct one. Could it be that I need to reinstall ? Thanks for the response.

RonO
[Post New]
Quote: I have checked the ratio to be sure that I was using the correct one. Could it be that I need to reinstall ? Thanks for the response.

RonO

Adding to that BarryTheCrab showed.

You can add a 4x3 effect, change Project Aspect ratio to 16x9 and save the library, many works, others need adjustments.

To facilitate finding effects use search the library, enter the name and click on the magnifying glass. AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
SSD SUV400S37240G / 2-HD WD 1TB
AMD Radeon R9 270 / AOC M2470SWD
Windows 7-64 / PD16 Ultimate
RonO2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Well still the same issue, Can download some but others says they are installed but cannot see them in PD. Uninstalled PD cleaned the registry, rebooted and same issues. Any other suggestions ? Hopefully don't have to call tech support :

thanks rono
BarryTheCrab
Senior Contributor Location: USA Joined: Nov 06, 2008 22:18 Messages: 6240 Offline
[Post New]
Please tell us 2 of the FX you downloaded, but cannot find in your UI.
Each effect room has subdivisions (folders), maybe you are just in a wrong folder.
HP Envy Phoenix/4thGen i7-4770(4@3.4GHz~turbo>3.9)
Nvidia GTX 960(4GB)/16GB DDR3/
Canon Vixia HV30/HF-M40/HF-M41/HF-G20/Olympus E-PL5.
Tape capture using 6 VCR, TBC-1000, Elite BVP4+, Sony D8 camcorder with TBC.
https://www.facebook.com/BarryAFTT
[Post New]
When you download effect on DirectorZone note the name and the type of effect (title, pip, particle etc., so after installing you know what to look for in room.
I have many effects installed and sometimes I use the search by name to find but fast.
I have also renamed with a number in front of the name for easy find.
Stressing that BarryTheCrab tell us what effect so we can check on our PC.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 18. 2015 10:54

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
RonO2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
63.dzp under Video editing template/paint animations. and another is trees.dzp . both files are attached.

Thanks
 Filename
Trees.dzp
[Disk]
 Description
PIP tree line
 Filesize
686 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
133 time(s)
 Filename
63.dzp
[Disk]
 Description
Paint animation file (palm tree)
 Filesize
63 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
142 time(s)
GGRussell [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Jan 08, 2012 11:38 Messages: 709 Offline
[Post New]
For me Trees shows up under PIP objects/Downloaded. Intel i7 4770k, 16GB, GTX1060 3GB, Two 240GB SSD, 4TB HD, Sony HDR-TD20V 3D camcorder, Sony SLT-A65VK for still images, Windows 10 Pro, 64bit
Gary Russell -- TN USA
[Post New]
I downloaded what you posted here installed and works.

Deleted 2, install again perfect.

Shown (F5) Donloaded and Paint Animations

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 18. 2015 15:12

AMD-FX 8350 / 8GB DDR3
ynotfish
Senior Contributor Location: N.S.W. Australia Joined: May 08, 2009 02:06 Messages: 9977 Offline
[Post New]
Just to confirm exactly what Gary & Playsound posted...

Both effects are displayed correctly. Trees in Downloaded. 63 in Paint Animations. Both included in "All Content".

Cheers - Tony
Visit PDtoots. PowerDirector Tutorials, tips, free resources & more. Subscribe!
Full linked Tutorial Catalog
PDtoots happily supports fellow PowerDirector users!
RonO2015 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Just thought I 'll give an update to my issue with certain items not getting downloaded to my PD. I had Power Director 10 installed on my system, I knew the problem had to be something on my computer. So I completely uninstalled any product that had Cyberlink in its name and want in to regedit and deleted any thing that had cyberlink in it, re-downloaded the PD13 exe file and re-installed only PD13 with no additional content packs. The results.....SAME . So today at work It hit me, could it be my Mcafee virus software? So when I got home , turned off Mcafee security and firewall and sure enough, I was able to download with no issues. So now I need to tweek Mcafee. Thanks for all the input.

RonO
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Just thought I 'll give an update to my issue with certain items not getting downloaded to my PD. I had Power Director 10 installed on my system, I knew the problem had to be something on my computer. So I completely uninstalled any product that had Cyberlink in its name and want in to regedit and deleted any thing that had cyberlink in it, re-downloaded the PD13 exe file and re-installed only PD13 with no additional content packs. The results.....SAME . So today at work It hit me, could it be my Mcafee virus software? So when I got home , turned off Mcafee security and firewall and sure enough, I was able to download with no issues. So now I need to tweek Mcafee. Thanks for all the input.

RonO

Thanks for posting your solution/updating everyone.
Dafydd