Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
No matter what I do video editing software crash
dezz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 22, 2008 14:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
As the title says,
every video recording software i use (including pdr) crashes with the xp error dialog
(send error report, dont send)

I have powerdirector 7 and i can use it for like 5minutes until my pc starts thinking really hard after what the error appears.

My drivers are up-to-date.

My PC spec.
Intel Core Duo 1.8GHZ
2GB RAM
ATI HD3870

And if anyone's interested in what the error report includes,
here's the link
babindia
Senior Contributor Location: India Joined: Aug 16, 2007 06:11 Messages: 884 Offline
[Post New]
Option 1 ) Disable firewall and antivirus
Option 2) Run PD with internet disabled PC specs :
OS Windows 10.0 Pro
MB - AS rock Z77 extreme 11
Intel 3770K @ 4.0 Ghz OC
Gskill 32 GB RAM 1800 Mhz
6 TB HDD, SSD bootable
nVidia ASUS GTX 660 Ti
BenQ 22" LCD monitor 1920x1080

Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Check you've applied the Window's XP Service Packs,
Update your graphic card drivers.

Shut down all your back ground running programs and try again.

Dafydd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 23. 2008 07:06

WilliamI [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 22, 2008 01:05 Messages: 23 Offline
[Post New]
I was having similar problems with PD7 when I first installed it. Sorry, I can't remember the version number. The software appeared to have some threading or memory issues as it would crash very randomly (sorry for the techno-speak, I'm a software developer myself). I got to the point where I would save my work constantly and before doing a Produce or Create Disk, I would shut-down PD and restart it, sometimes needing to reboot the machine. It was quite furstrating, but I learned how to save often and keep working.

Since installing 7.00.2206 I have had almost no crashes (although I haven't done alot of work on a really big project with it). If you haven't yet, I would recommend installing the latest release. Intel Core 2 Quad, 4 GB DDR2 RAM, Vista 64 bit, ATI Radeon HD 3850, Canon HF100
dezz [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Oct 22, 2008 14:11 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I look into purchasing the PD 7.00.2206, cause no matter what i do the problem persist.