Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Getting back to dvd menu screen ?
brynn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 09, 2006 08:02 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Hi , hope someone can help , ive produced and burnt a dvd with powerdir 5 , and its great apert from one thing , when playing the movie , i cannot get back to the menu screen to select another chapter , i know on the remote i can press 1,2,3 etc and it takes me to that chapter , but thats not what i want to produce , i just want to press the remotes menu button and get back to the select screen , but not possible for some reason ? surely i dont have to start looking for new software to do this simple task ?
Many thanks
wabru [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Belgium Joined: Nov 06, 2006 05:18 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi , hope someone can help , ive produced and burnt a dvd with powerdir 5 , and its great apert from one thing , when playing the movie , i cannot get back to the menu screen to select another chapter , i know on the remote i can press 1,2,3 etc and it takes me to that chapter , but thats not what i want to produce , i just want to press the remotes menu button and get back to the select screen , but not possible for some reason ? surely i dont have to start looking for new software to do this simple task ?
Many thanks

Hello Brynn,
I solved the problem this way : Before burning, put a small video (a few seconds is enough) in the lowest area of the right window (introduction video).
Sorry for my poor english :
brynn [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 09, 2006 08:02 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Hi , hope someone can help , ive produced and burnt a dvd with powerdir 5 , and its great apert from one thing , when playing the movie , i cannot get back to the menu screen to select another chapter , i know on the remote i can press 1,2,3 etc and it takes me to that chapter , but thats not what i want to produce , i just want to press the remotes menu button and get back to the select screen , but not possible for some reason ? surely i dont have to start looking for new software to do this simple task ?
Many thanks

Hello Brynn,
I solved the problem this way : Before burning, put a small video (a few seconds is enough) in the lowest area of the right window (introduction video).
Sorry for my poor english :

Ahh do you mean "first play video" ?
wabru [Avatar]
Newbie Location: Belgium Joined: Nov 06, 2006 05:18 Messages: 9 Offline
[Post New]
Hello brynn,
yes, you are right.
let me know when the problem is solved.
Madkitty [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 09, 2007 12:55 Messages: 14 Offline
[Post New]
can you clarify this for me as Im having the same problem? Bex x
Madkitty [Avatar]
[Post New]
ok tried that but no joy - I still get the no entry icon come up when I press the menu button?Im presuming it doesnt matter that I used a title to do this and not a vid clip? Bex x
CC [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Nov 21, 2006 14:42 Messages: 32 Offline
[Post New]
Brynn, this is the same issue I just posted as #2 topic - cant use 'disc menu' button on remote. We must have crossed paths while typing!

I also tried adding a 'first play' video and it wont work.

I submitted the issue to support but so far they just give the same ideas; reinstall the product etc.

This sounds like a bonified BUG! we all need help.

anyone else have suggestions?
CC
Madkitty [Avatar]
[Post New]
ive found a temp solution - when youre playing the dvd press pause and then end of scene button, because there are no chapters on mine it just skipped back to the menu. not really a solution but works for now Bex x