Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Combining Clips at 59 and 29 fps
WSC3 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 23, 2013 16:29 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
I have two cameras that shoot movies. One is a Panasonic HDC SDT750 32 GB Camcorder that shoots full High Def at 59 fps. I bought a Canon EOS 70D with the understanding that it would shoot full high def as well. I’ve since discovered that it shoots at the 1920 x 1080, but only 29 fps. Canon insists that there’s no difference, and that the 70D is fully compliant.

But PowerDirector squawks when I combine clips from both cameras, telling me that the quality of my finished movie will be reduced.

How much difference will this difference in fps make?

And can I create a Blu-ray movie with clips at 29fps?

Thanks.

tomasc [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 25, 2011 12:33 Messages: 6464 Offline
[Post New]
I combine them all the time. It means smart rendering can be used only on the 59.94fps or the 29.97fps video in the same project. Find that many users don't smart render with svrt and use hardware acceleration instead all the time and they say that they see no difference at all with thier eyes. I am one of those who can tell the difference. Any time you rerender a video, you can expect a loss in quality. Most people don't smart render anyway.

You can set that Panasonic in HA mode which is 29.97fps if you want BD or 3D to use smart rendering not the 1080p60 for highest quality that you are using. The Canon creates mov files which at 1080p30 which has to be rerendered to 1080/60i to be compliant for a standard bd. See this link: http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/356920-Bluray-Compliant-Audio-Video-Formats .
[Post New]
Theoretically your video 1920x1080 at 59/60p is not bluray compatible:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray_Disc#Video

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 12. 2015 15:59

WSC3 [Avatar]
Member Joined: Apr 23, 2013 16:29 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks everyone Tomasc, what are you referring to on your link? I can't find anything on Canon or MOV clips.