Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Copyrightable Status of Visual Content within PowerDirector12
VideoAlan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 05, 2015 23:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
I am using PowerDirector12. My concern is that I created a video with PowerDirector12 and used some of its content specifically - Particle Designer, Flared Fashion as a background. Now I am told by Indmusic through YouTube that this content is a copyright infringement. YouTube showed me another, but poor video of someone who also is using this visual content Flared Fashion. My question to Cyberlink is this visual content Royalty Free and not copyrightable?

I have filed a dispute and lost it with YouTube. I am ready to make an appeal but need a little more understanding of the use of visual content from PowerDirector12.
Kevinv64 [Avatar]
Member Location: Upper Midwest Joined: Jun 28, 2012 05:41 Messages: 106 Offline
[Post New]
Have you contacted CyberLink? This is just a user forum, with no official company presence, so we wouldn't be in a position to answer this legal inquiry.

Try this:

https://membership.cyberlink.com/support/customer-services.do

Good luck getting answers, and maybe you could come back and let us know what CyberLink tells you.

Kevin
VideoAlan [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 05, 2015 23:59 Messages: 2 Offline
[Post New]
Thanks Kevin. I have sent question with a little more infomation to Cyberlink.

Alan