Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
3D Bluray playback broken with Geforce 347.09 driver.
sean_sk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2014 02:18 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
3D Bluray movie playback via PowerDVD 14 is not working with latest 347.09 driver.

Specs:

Windows 7 sp1 x64
nVidia GTX 980
Geforce 347.09 Driver
PowerDVD 14
BenQ W1300 Projector connected via HDMI 1.4

When playing 3D Bluray, projector goes into 3D frame packing mode as it should, but only shows 2D picture. I can verify this is NOT a hardware fault as 3D movie playback works with previous 344.75 driver.

I don't want to revert back to 344.75 driver as 347.09 fixes certain other issues I was experiencing.

I'm certain this is a driver issue and I have submitted a bug report with nVidia but I would be interested in finding out if anyone else has experienced this issue and if they were able to resolve it. Perhaps something has changed in the way nVidia drivers handle 3D movie support and whether Cyberlink may need to look into this.

Thank you.
[Post New]
it looks like an nvidia issue. nvidia 344.xx has caused issues for me for vlc media playback. i'm not suprised 347 has broken another media player. i prefer driver 337.88 but for assassins creed unity & far cry 4, i need to update. so i am waiting a few months for nvidia to release a good driver. they should probably consider monthly updates like AMD do in my opinion. :
KENNETH [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jan 01, 2015 23:01 Messages: 1 Offline
[Post New]
Thank the lord, I thought I was going crazy, as I am experiencing the same thing.
Fred_Ftang42 [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Jul 16, 2006 07:00 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
I am having exactly the same problem.
I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Vincent Eggs is eggs. An oeuf is an oeuf. An ei for an ei.
[Post New]
Is there some compatible issue with the latest 347.09 driver? Because I have the exact same issue on my computer. Pretty annoying.
sean_sk [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Dec 28, 2014 02:18 Messages: 8 Offline
[Post New]
Well if anyone is experiencing this issue then I encourage you to post a driver bug report with nVidia here:

http://nvidia-submit.custhelp.com/app/utils/login_form/redirect/ask

Hopefully the more people that submit a report, the more likely they'll do something.