Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Blank video after a split
rcohen [Avatar]
Member Location: Smokey mountains, TN Joined: Oct 10, 2013 21:44 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Hiya,

I can usually find my way around most of the bugs in version 12, but I'm having a hard time tracking this one.

With longer video that I split up on the time line, using some but not all of the containing footage, I get blank/black video with sound in a lot of cases lately and I can't figure out how to avoid this. SOMETIMES if I start at the BEGINNING of the timeline I can reset t hings and the video will again play. But how frustrating is THIS for a video editor.... and editor that won't let you edit ;-/

Anyone have any experience in this regard?

Thanks

r RCMedia Services dot net
Most Anything Digital
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Though it's for PD 13, check out whether anything mentioned in this thread helps your situation...
http://forum.cyberlink.com/forum/posts/list/41841.page#215662

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 18. 2014 23:21

rcohen [Avatar]
Member Location: Smokey mountains, TN Joined: Oct 10, 2013 21:44 Messages: 58 Offline
[Post New]
Hi Borgus,

Thanks for the tip. Will try this after my current render hands me back my machine. Will let you know. BUT, I noticed that this is addressed by patch for V13. What do I do as a version 12 owner ? Is this patch available for 12? I will NOT update my version JUST to fix a bug. THAT is THEIR responsibility, not mine. Upgrades are for features, not bugs.

Thanks

rcohen RCMedia Services dot net
Most Anything Digital
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
Patches do contain fixes. Of course, you would install the latest for PD12, not 13...
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/powerdirector-ultra/patches_en_US.html

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2014 00:17

rcohen [Avatar]
[Post New]
Sorry for the delayed response.... and thank you for your reply. I just now installed the latest update and will find out how well it does over the next few weeks ;-0

Thanks Borgus!

rcohen RCMedia Services dot net
Most Anything Digital