Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Put photos on coloured background
RobertWA [Avatar]
Senior Member Joined: Sep 20, 2008 00:18 Messages: 223 Offline
[Post New]
Hi all,

Is there a way in which I can put one or two photos onto a coloured background?

Thanks

Robert
Real Ale [Avatar]
Newbie Joined: Apr 08, 2013 17:45 Messages: 6 Offline
[Post New]
Hi, I have done this by creating a coloured layer (the colour being the one I wish to use). I then go to the photos I want on it and cut / edit the area I want transfered. Then either copy or cut the the edited photo, go back to the coloured layer and paste each photo as a separate layer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2014 02:29

[Post New]
Hello Robert and Real Ale,

That most certainly can be done in PhotoDirector (any version) by using the Photo Composer feature in the Edit module.

It can also easily be done in PowerDirector, as this little tutorial shows.

By the way, Real Ale, welcome to the PhotoDirector forum

PIX PIX YouTube channel
[Post New]
Members,

Something quite important I neglected to mention in the tutorial posted above is the importance of the resolution of the background image. This is not a PhotoDirector issue, just the product of any such process.

The resolution of the background image is exactly what Photo Composer will export. You would understand that that has an impact on the resolution of the individual photos

Even using a background with a resolution of 7944x5400 (42.9 MP), 24MP photos (in the example below) are shrunk to ~8MP.

I just thought it was worth mentioning.

PIX
[Thumb - Background Resoultion (PC).jpg]
 Filename
Background Resoultion (PC).jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
256 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
156 time(s)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 19. 2014 19:35