Announcement: Our new CyberLink Feedback Forum has arrived! Please transfer to our new forum to provide your feedback or to start a new discussion. The content on this CyberLink Community forum is now read only, but will continue to be available as a user resource. Thanks!
CyberLink Community Forum
where the experts meet
| Advanced Search >
Video & Audio appear to have split
Ian26 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Joined: May 17, 2014 08:08 Messages: 188 Offline
[Post New]
Hi there,

I have just noticed that in my latest project nearly all the clips appear to have their video & audio split. See attachment. The RED line indicates the split, and the ORANGE line indicates no split. What have I done? I don't remember doing anything to make that happen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
[Thumb - Image2.jpg]
 Filename
Image2.jpg
[Disk]
 Description
 Filesize
41 Kbytes
 Downloaded:
98 time(s)
IanB
PowerDirector Ultimate 18.0.3801.0 (64bit)
Dell XPS 8700, Win 8.1
4th generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 processor (6M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz)
Nividia GeForce 720 Version 372.54 GB Dual Channel DDR3 1600MHz (4GB x 2)
2 x 1TB 7200RPM SATA Hard D
Dafydd B [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Aug 26, 2006 08:20 Messages: 11973 Offline
[Post New]
Quote: Hi there,

I have just noticed that in my latest project nearly all the clips appear to have their video & audio split. See attachment. The RED line indicates the split, and the ORANGE line indicates no split. What have I done? I don't remember doing anything to make that happen.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi Ian26,
Nothing can be done to fix your project's issue* except unlink/link clips for your video/audio. Make sure you're using the latest patched version. Should have been fixed in one of the patches, just guessing you haven't updated or you've opened an old project.
Lots of reports for the bug, it has been around for a long while but it should be ok on any new project after the latest patch or even the previous one, for PDR12 has been applied.
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-update.do

*Watch out, you might have the audio/video tracks shift by a frame or more out of sync. Expand the track and check.
Dafydd

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 03. 2014 12:48

Ian26 [Avatar]
Senior Member Location: Melbourne, Victoria, Australia Joined: May 17, 2014 08:08 Messages: 188 Offline
[Post New]
Dafydd wrote
Nothing can be done to fix your project's issue* except unlink/link clips for your video/audio. Make sure you're using the latest patched version.

Hi Dafydd,

I have just upgraded (well in the last 8 weeks) to a new Dell computer, with a NVidia GeForce GT 720 Version 332.35. Is this card affected with the problems where it was recommended to roll back to an earlier version?

I'm using PowerDirector Ultra 12.0.2726.0 SR Number VDE 140327-02.

The weird point about this particular project is that the clips were all OK - I have been working on this project for about 3 weeks - and yesterday when I was doing the final tweaks prior to creating to disc, that I noticed the problem. I tried to link/unlink video and audio, but the option was greyed out. The clips that are OK showed link/unlink was available.

I await your comments.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Dec 04. 2014 03:05

IanB
Dell XPS 8700, Win 8.1
Ian26 [Avatar]
[Post New]
Update

I have just discovered that when using Fix/Enhance to get rid of wind noise , not all the noise is eliminated, but using Wave Editor does get rid of a lot more wind noise. But this comes at a "cost". Wave Editor appears to unlink the Audio & Video with no way of relinking them. This was probably the reason for my initial post. Is this problem a bug or the default when using Wave Editor?

Any comments would be appreciated. IanB
Dell XPS 8700, Win 8.1
borgus1 [Avatar]
Senior Contributor Joined: Feb 27, 2013 00:33 Messages: 1318 Offline
[Post New]
In PD11 using Wave Editor to reduce noise (testing several settings) did not cause A/V to UNlink.

However, if the W.E. processed audio was unlinked manually, it could not be relinked.
[Post New]
Quote:
Quote: Nothing can be done to fix your project's issue* except unlink/link clips for your video/audio. Make sure you're using the latest patched version. Should have been fixed in one of the patches, just guessing you haven't updated or you've opened an old project.
Lots of reports for the bug, it has been around for a long while but it should be ok on any new project after the latest patch or even the previous one, for PDR12 has been applied.
http://www.cyberlink.com/prog/support/cs/product-update.do

*Watch out, you might have the audio/video tracks shift by a frame or more out of sync. Expand the track and check.
Dafydd

A few weeks ago, I installed a PD12 patch that I hoped would prevent future cases of audio split from the video. Unfortunately, a week ago, I opened a recently saved project and discovered that audio and video files were split in some places, but not others. The function to re-link audio and video is disabled, even though the sequencing of the tracks had not been altered. However, unless the audio and video get re-linked, further editing of the project is hazardous. Thus, I must start nearly from scratch. I have now installed the very latest patch available, but remain skeptical whether it will suffice. The main trouble is that one cannot see whether the bug occurs without saving, closing, and then re-opening a project. Intermediate auto-saves of a project may help isolate the juncture at which the split occurs. But exactly what edit operations cause the issue? I lock, move, or alter select tracks or clips, but always avoid moving the audio or video of any track in a way that might de-link everything. When pasting in new things, I generally use the option that moves ever later clip on every track to the right. The odd thing is that the audio-video split seems to affect clips that I have not yet edited at all.

Has the problem occurred at all with PD13? Might occurrence be reduced by finishing all advanced editing for clips on the left end of a (short) timeline before adding and editing new ones on the right? Of course, that might handicap the ability (or let's call it necessity) to make changes later.

To date, this is the main "downer" encountered with PD. Is there a FAQ or Knowledge Base entry that diagnoses the causes and courses of prevention? Surely it has been reproduced many times. Why it defied the patch I installed in November is puzzling. Is the December patch any different with respect to that "known issue"? Very sad if the only advice for a corrupted project is to euthanize it. Why no function to link all audio and video for a timeline swath one selects? PowerDirector 12 (pondering 16)
Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM 2.4 ghz, 16GB RAM, GeForce GTX 670M with 3GB video RAM.
HDC-SDT750, HX9V, GoPro Hero HD, LX7, LX100. Looking for, but cannot find, gear and software to author UHD 4k discs.